Chapter 65

Angie's POV:

I did not know how seriously Davud pasha and the guards will take their mission to bring Pablo back to the palace, until as I was leaving Herman's room I saw two guards pulling him along with the pasha towards the room.

I quickly went to hide in a nearby corner so I won't be seen by them, but I still saw them...

- Too bad, too bad. You were a great soldier - said Davud sarcastically.

- You want me to die - Pablo replied - You always did.

- Yeah. That's true. Now get going - he snapped as he pushed Pablo forward and they disappeared in the next corridor.

Why do I feel terrible about this?

This was the right thing to do.

To tell Herman about this.

Right...?

I don't know anymore...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Hours later I was still around the corridor when I suddenly saw Hümasah Sultan rushing through, probably to stop Herman from whatever he was planning to do.

- Don't rush too much - I told her - He's still with the Sultan.

She stopped walking.

I could see she was taking a deep breath before turning back towards me...

- Are you satisfied with yourself? - she asked - You sentenced my only brother to death with this.

- I won't risk you and Safiye Sultan to ruin the Ottoman Empire... But mostly to ruin my family.

- He has never done anything, but saving your miserable life several times.

- That doesn't matter if in the end you all will kill the innocent.

- Whatever you say - she hissed angrily and I could see on her face that she wanted to kill me, but instead she walked away.

----- MEANWHILE -----

Herman's POV:

- We found him, My Lord - said Davud as he walked into the room.

- Lead him in - I replied firmly.

He bowed his head then seconds after he opened the door they lead Iskender into the room and pushed him down to his knees.

- Here we are... Sehzade Iskender... - I began.

- Please, don't call me that... - he muttered - I'm nowhere near a Sehzade, nor do I believe I am one...

- But you are... And this is the issue here.

He looked up at me.

- I didn't know about this. I didn't know I'm her son, My Sultan.

Looking at me right in the eyes made me sure that he is actually telling me the truth.

- Do whatever you want with me, but I have never been a harm to you and never planned to harm you, or the Empire. But I am your property... So you decide on whenever you spare my life... Or end it.