Chapter 78

- Sultan Herman Han has passed away...

All the children needed a few seconds to progress what their mother said and they began to cry...

- What? That... That can't be...! H-How...? - Osman muttered in shock.

- He has been sick for a while now, Osman - Angie replied - He did not want you all to know that... And remember the sick himself, but the strong Sultan he actually was before he fell sick...

- This can't be happening... - he muttered then suddenly stood up and stormed out of the room.

- Osman!

Angie called after him, but no use.

Instead she decided to try to comfort the younger ones first and then take care of Osman too.

----- MEANWHILE -----

- Sultan Herman's dead! It's finally Mustafa's chance to become the Sultan! - said Halime to her daughter Dilruba and her husband Davud Pasha.

- His chance, or your chance to become the Valide Sultan? - Dilruba asked - We both know my brother is not ready to become the Sultan yet!

- He is ready, Dilruba!

- I'm afraid I have to side with Dilruba Sultan in this - said Davud.

- Do you even realize what are you saying?! Do you have any idea how powerful we can become now that Herman's finally dead?! The harem! The pashas! All the guards, soldiers and janissaries! Everybody! And Kösem can be finally thrown out of here and would never be in our way again!

- Remember that Osman is the...

- Osman, nor any of the other Sehazdes will be a problem once when my Mustafa ascend the throne! They will be executed if necessary!!

Halime was way too passionate about this that either her, or any of the other two realized that Daniel was listening to this conversation from outside the room, feeling more than annoyed...

- Don't think you can get away with that... - he hissed before he quickly left the place so no one will notice him.

He knew what he has to do, but he couldn't do it yet as both Angie, the kids and by now the whole palace is in pain and grief from losing their Sultan.

But they didn't have too much time as the following day the funeral was held together with Mustafa's first meeting with the pashas and soldiers as Sultan Mustafa.

For the day of the funeral all the people in the palace were dressed in black.

The harem stood up in two lines to greet the little sultanas, the Valide Sultan and even Hümasah Sultan, who decided to come to the funeral as well.

Angie was standing in the line when first Bulbul aga approached her...

- I'm sorry for your loss, Sultanim - he bowed his head.

He might have been harsh since he has been serving Safiye Sultan, but he was also grateful to Angie for making Herman spare his life after the disaster he was also a part of.

- I can't imagine how hard this is for you... But you will get through this. You're strong!

Angie looked at him silently while he spoke then she just nodded.

Then surprisingly Hümasah Sultan came and walked in front of her.

In fact Angie would have loved to just send her off, but she had no energy to do that...

- I'm sorry for your loss, Kösem - she said simply.

Angie again just nodded as the Sultana stood beside her.

This whole time Angie's mother Angelica was standing on her other side, holding her hand and trying to keep her spirit up all day.

Lorenzo also joined her, but right now he was with the rest of the men at the time the funeral was starting.

This part was the hardest for everybody, but mostly for Angie and the little Sultanas as this was the moment when the agas that were holding the Sultan's coffin walked past the harem.

Seeing the coffin and the headpiece that belonged to Herman just made Angie nearly burst out crying as the rest of the harem bowed deeply one last time in front of Sultan Herman Han.

At the most painful moment she squeezed Angelica's hand, who was now holding hers with both hands, trying her best to keep her daughter calm and collected.

Herman was gone forever now.