Chapter 64

Angie's POV:

When the morning came Herman was finally feeling way better again which made me happy to see and made me feel a little hopeful for the future.

- Thank you for staying with me all night - he said with a smile as he kissed my hand.

- I'd have done that anytime - I smiled back - I just want you to feel better... To be better... And to live with us longer...

- I will overcome this disease... - he said - And we will not live a life in fear and worry.

While we were talking the guards were getting ready to bring our breakfast in.

- I need to get Iskender to finish off some work that were left from yesterday - Herman added - Agalar!

One guards came closer.

- Yes, Sir?

- Call Iskender over here.

Suddenly I remember the information I got to know yesterday...

- No, leave - I said.

The guards were confused, but they left the room silently while Herman looked at me with an uneasy expression on his face.

- Angie...

I sighed.

- Herman, I have to tell you something I found out about Iskender yesterday - I began.

He sat up properly in the bed.

- Speak up.

- Iskender is Safiye Sultan's own son.

Herman's POV:

- Iskender is Safiye Sultan's own son - she told me with a serious expression on her face which obviously told me she did not just make this up.

- What...?

She nodded.

- How did you find out about this?

- From Zülfikar. Appearently Safiye knew about this years ago, but she kept it in secret, just as Hümasah Sultan. The two were silent about it, but Zülfikar pasha soon found out too, but he was asked to keep it in secret... As they probably knew what would happen if you find out...

I stood up from the bed to walk around in the room for a bit while Angie continued her passionate speech.

- I have nothing against Iskender... In fact he saved my life several times... But...

- But we don't know if he already knew about his family, or not - I finished her sentence.

- Yeah... And he might have never layed his eyes on the throne, as Safiye Sultan would want him to... But on your most precious in this world...

- I'll get to the bottom of this... You don't worry, okay? - I said as I walked closer to her and kissed her on the forehead.

I'm not going to make quick decisions here.

Yes, Iskender might be Safiye Sultan's son which means if by any chance I die early he would become the next Sultan and if that happens...

I don't think I need to explain the rest...

Either way I'll have a talk with him.