Chapter 62

Herman's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night from a beautiful dream I had about myself and Angie being in the secret garden I haven't been in for ages by now.

For a moment I had no idea what happened to me before...

But then I could taste blood...

And I remembered the terribly painful afternoon I had, caughing up blood, but that's all I remembered from that.

Coughing blood... And the intense pain...

But I also remember hearing Angie's voice while I was sleeping...

Where can she be?

I sat up weakly in the bed to look around then pulled myself up on my feet and walked out to the balcony to see Angie sitting on the floor, looking sad.

What could have happened?

Angie's POV:

----------

- Are you sure you want to use dark magic to help the Sultan? - asked the witch.

- I'm ready to do anything! - I replied to her.

- Fine. But the result of this is going to be... That you will watch all your loved ones dying...

----------

I was so young, dumb and determined.

But you can't blame me for that!

After all I did the right thing at the time... Otherwise I wouldn't have spent even this much time with Herman...

But...

Now I'm gonna lose him...

- Angie... - I suddenly hear him right beside me, causing me to look at him right away.

- Herman, you should be in bed! - I said.

Yeah, smart decision.

Idiot.

- What happened? - he asked.

He knows something's up.

And I have to tell him.

- Herman...

- The doctor said something, didn't he?

I nodded.

- Your sickness has gotten worse, Herman... They say you only have a few weeks left...

For a quick second I could feel him shiver as I told him this.

- I see... - he then muttered.

- Is this all... You can say to that...?

- I don't know what to say... I still didn't get to understand all this... - he sighed.

I looked down and sighed deeply as well.

Some seconds later he lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes...

- This isn't going to break us apart... - he said - But even if it does... You need to stay strong, okay?

I sighed again and nodded quietly while I let my tears rolling down on my cheeks.

His look was painful as well as he sat beside me and hugged me gently, trying to calm me down...