Chapter 36

Remember when I said I'm happy to be back to the palace?

Well, not anymore after I heard the news from Maria that she heard from Herman while she was in his room, cleaning...

- Safiye Sultan is gonna be released from the cell today - she told me.

- What?! Why??!

- Appearently he feels bad for keeping her there for so long... Which is understandable, I suppose - Maria groaned - And I didn't dare to speak about not letting her out...

- That's fine, you didn't have to... Beside if he decided he can't be turned back...

I sighed.

- Will he be allowed here, or the old palace?

- The old palace.

- That's a better thing atleast...

- What are you going to do now?

- I don't know... Honestly... Right now I don't even care anymore... I just want her to stay away from my children...

Maria just sighed as she had no idea what to say, or do anymore while Daniel just looked at us from the door, where he was standing, but I could see he had something in mind.

So once when everybody else left I kept him in to talk...

- Your mother told me to take care of you and protect you from any danger... - he began - Getting this Sultana back, who appearently wants you dead will make my "job" harder than it should.

- I know and I'm sorry about that - I sighed - Of course you don't have to do exactly what my mother told you to do... Since you're my friend...

- I want to - he cut me off with a smile - Yes, we are friends and exactly this is why I want to be by your side and help you in any way I can.

- Daniel...

- So let me do it, okay?

I just nodded.

It really made me happy to hear from him, but at the same time it makes me worried.

I don't want him to end up like Gölge did, dying while helping me...

Although I also don't know what is he capable of...

He might actually be strong in every way as much as it's necessary...

We'll see...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The same evening Herman called me over to talk and when I entered he seemed more than serious...

- Herman...?

He looked like he was deep in thoughts, but as soon as I spoke he snapped back to reality and smiled at me...

- Angie... Finally! - he said.

- Sorry... Did I make you wait..?

- Not at all. It is me, who's a little uneasy about the topic I want to talk to you about.

- What topic?

He sighed.

- You know... Since my mother died no one's controlling the harem.

- I know - I nodded.

- I've been thinking a lot about whom I should choose to be the next Valide Sultan... And today I made my decision...

- And who did you choose?

- Well...