Chapter 11

Herman's POV:

Situation is all frustrated.

And so is my mother.

We have been arguing a lot lately about everything starting from Angie to Mustafa's execution and now I want to make thing a bit better.

If it can happen.

- You're giving her too much, Herman. She already thinks she's better than all of us!

And there goes the same again.

- No one gives her too much, Validem. Don't you think it's you, who starts every single argument blaming things on her?

- She let Halime see Sehzade Mustafa against your and my order!

- She wanted him to feel better. That's all that happened.

- Yeah, yeah... - she groaned - Because she's such an angel! Angel of darkness...

- What did you say?

I asked, although I heard it clearly.

God, she acts like a child.

Luckily Angie arrived now so she could no longer speak badly behind her back.

- Valide Sultan - she bowed then looked over to me and bowed also, mixed with a little smile - My Sultan...

I just nodded, smiling back at her while she sat down and we began our dinner.

Or atleast we tried, but the two were about to kill each other while they were talking.

For a while I stayed silent, but soon Angie began to talk to me...

- My Lord... I know this isn't the best time to speak up about something like this, but you need to hear what I heard...

- Speak up.

- About Dervish Pa---

- You don't know anything at all about Dervish - mother suddenly hissed which already seemed a little suspicious.

- I know that he took the life of Sultan Mehmed Han, Valide... I think this is more than enough to know.

- Wait, what? - I turned to Angie again - Is this true?

- It is - she nodded - And Mehmed Aga can prove my right too.

Angie's POV:

- Mehmed aga can prove my right too - I added while looking at Handan to see her facial expressions changing drastically when I mentioned her servant, who was supposed to be killed a few days ago.

But Halime was good enough to save him.

Well, not good, but she knew we need him to complete our plan.

----------

- So why did you call me? - I asked Halime Sultan when her servant had to pull me away from my motherly duties.

- I did what you told me to - she replied and in that moment the poor, but rather sad Mehmed Aga walked out of the back room.

I gasped.

- Handan Sultan wanted to take him out so he can't speak... But the two men were way too much into money and they just needed a better offer to let him go - Halime added.

- Good...

- I can't believe she actually wants to kill me... - Mehmed muttered under his breath.

Poor thing has been the only faithful person that served Handan for years and yet that's how she's thanking him for all that.

Such a pity.

- So will you help me with Mustafa? - Halime continued.

- I'll make sure that he'll be safe - I nodded.

- Thank you...

----------

You'd think she's evil, but she's only protecting her son.

I think it's understandable.

- Validem - Herman's voice echoed in the room - Is this true?

Handan began to shake as she turned white, but before she could say anything Azura came into the room, asking for me to get back to my children.

- You can go - Herman mumbled while he was still keeping his eyes on his mother so I soon left the room silently.