Chapter 28

Angie's POV:

It's already night time and no one came to help me...

I don't know if it's because they can't find me, or because they aren't even looking for me, but I'm starting to lose hope.

I got food and water so I'm not hungry, but I'm still checked on in every hour.

I've been trying to cut the rope around my wrist, but I was interrupted twice and the rope was also changed so I'm starting off from zero.

But then as I was giving up in the middle of day 2 I realized I need to get out.

I need to get out because my children need me!

- Cut the damn rope! - I groaned to myself as I began to try to cut it and this time I got it - Yes!

I got out quickly and sneaked out on the door, but what surprised me the most was the fact that a fight was already going.

- Zülfikar!

I saw Zülfikar stabbing one of the men right when I got out of the room.

- Kösem Sultan! - he noticed me as well, but then only seconds later I was caught by another man with a damned knife.

- Don't move, or I'll hurt her! - he threated Zülfikar.

- Don't you dare...!

Right away I could see something was up as he stopped moving which is unlike him.

- Gotcha! - I suddenly heard another voice then a painful moan and the man that was holding me down collapsed.

Jumping away I saw Pablo standing behind me and I felt more than relieved to see him.

- Are you okay? - he asked worriedly.

- Yes... Yes... But...

I finally looked around to see that we were on an actual boat.

- A boat??

- Yes - Zülfikar nodded - We nearly lost you as we followed the boat out to the sea here, but we caught up to it!

- We're getting way foo far though - Pablo added.

- We will turn back!

- Captain... - spoke another soldier they took - The boat can't be turned.

- What?! - Zülfikar snapped.

- The whole thing is broken!

- THEN DO SOMETHING!!

While they were "arguing" I looked out towards where we were going right now and I sighed deeply when I saw a familiar place...

- It's fine, Zülfikar... Let's stop over here then to get things done - I mumbled.

- But we need to get back!

- Zülfikar... Come here...

- What is it, Sultanim? - he asked as he came beside me to see the village we were heading towards.

- Do you know this place?

- No...

- Yes. But I do... So let's stop here for now.

- But why?

- Because this is the village I was born...