Chapter 39

Herman's POV:

Such a beautiful day out so I decided to have this little party for the family outside the garden area... Because why not?

Angie and my children are already there when I arrived and they all bowed deeply as I went to sit down.

- It was a great idea to come outside - said Angie - The weather is perfect!

- Indeed - I replied with a smile.

After this Hümasah Sultan arrived with her husband, Zülfikar pasha.

Yes, you heard it correctly.

The two are married and I also gave Zülfikar the pasha rank and he has become my confidant since after Dervish pasha he was the second one I've always trusted the most.

You can probably guess why.

- My Lord - Hümasah bowed towards me meanwhile then turned to Angie as well with a little more frustrated look which I never truly understand - Kösem...

She just nodded while the couple went to sit down to their table.

Then there came the moment I wasn't looking forward to too much, but had to happen anyways and that's when Mustafa arrived with Halime and Dilruba.

I haven't met him like this in a long time, but I've heard he has been scared to even come to the palace... But meeting me was the worst to tell him.

I understand.

And I feel terrible about this.

And I want to make things up.

First Mustafa came up to me, kissing my hand, but avoiding eye contact.

- Come on, Mustafa - I said as I stood up - Let's go for a walk and talk.

- Alright - he nodded and we went for a walk.

Angie's POV:

Herman and Mustafa went to take a walk together.

I hope things will turn better between them...

I know he has been terrified from death since the first moment he was nearly executed when he was very little and I was also new in this palace.

He never deserved to live like this and Herman never wanted to do this either, but he had to.

To him at the time that was the best thing he could do...