Chapter 22

A/N: And yet again I didn't update... So sorry about that, but I had some really stressful days and I've forgotten... But from now on I'll try to update more :)

Hümasah's POV:

Hopefully Herman will listen to me and will get out of the palace for a while.

All that happened in a really short time is terrible and as strong as he is even he can't handle that all at once while still working,

But I know he'll be fine...

Anyway as I walked out of the room I found myself in front of Zülfikar and Iskender.

Oh Allah...

Zülfikar makes my heart beat faster while Iskender...

Well, he's my long, lost brother that only me and Bulbul aga know about.

What can I say?

I feel like I just want to hug him.

But not even my mother knows about him being alive yet...

I should tell her first somehow...

- Sultanim - Zülfikar spoke as both him and Iskender lowered his head when I stopped in front of them.

- How's he doing? - Iskender joined.

- Not too good. It's possible that he'll go to Edirne, if he takes my advice... And in that case atleast one of you should join him... Just in case.

They both nodded silently.

- Good... - I nodded too with probably the awkwardest smile I've ever did because after a while they both were looking at me weirdly.

- Is everything okay with you too? - asked Zülfikar.

- Erm... Yes... Yes, everything's just fine - I nodded quickly and walked away before I make myself look even weirder.

What the hell am I even doing?!

Goddamnit...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Angie's POV:

It's the next evening now and I didn't see Herman all day which makes me worried that he might still be blaming himself for his mother's death.

So once when I got ahold of Rose and Maria I told them to look after the boys and I went to see how he's doing.

As I got there I saw him just sitting outside, staring into the distance...

He didn't seem to mind me coming in, but he didn't react to me sitting down beside him either...

- Herman...

He let out a huge sigh.

- Something just always has to happen here, right? Something to make me feel like I'm an awful ruler and I'll never get anywhere near to how Suleyman ruled this place...

- Don't say that...

He shaked his head.

- True, or not... I need to go...

- Go to where?

- Just away for a while.

- Okay, but...

- To Edirne, but stop asking so much! - he groaned.

- Sorry... I just want to know where you're heading to...

He sighed again then kissed me on the head.

- I'll see you soon - he said then he just left me there, all alone and it somehow makes me feel like he's actually blaming me for everything that happened...