Chapter 15

Minutes after we arrived to the harem Halime Sultan also came and only seconds later Handan Sultan walked through the room, looking like a complete ghost at this point.

We all stood up and bowed, but nothing.

No reaction from her.

She just walked past everybody.

Meanwhile this was happening Halime shot me a gloating smile.

So this is the big Dervish Pasha's end, huh?

----- MEANWHILE -----

(A/N: No one's pov, or from another person's pov, who's not that interesting now)

- Our Lord is gonna be here soon to start the meeting! - said Dervish, talking to the rest of the Divan members like if he'd be their boss.

He got to become the Sultan's confidant only a few days ago which is probably why he acts like this right now.

As happy as he was only minutes ago he turned pale when he actually saw the Sultan walking in.

It wasn't just him, who turned white, but every single Divan member when they saw freshly made red caftan on their majesty and the cold expression on his face.

They knew someone's going to die right here.

Right now.

Atleast 15 guards walked in after him and stood around in the room, blocking the way most of the Divan members.

Except from Dervish.

- Dervish Pasha - Sultan Herman spoke up.

- Yes... My Lord? - he stuttered.

The Sultan sighed first before he began to speak again.

- My confidant... How much of a betrayer someone can become... To make me want to kill them immediately?

Dervish gasped.

- I can explain...

But before he could continue the ruler lifted his hand up calmly, with this telling him to stop talking.

- I know everything.

He paused.

- You selfishly killed Sultan Mehmed Han, the previous ruler of the Ottoman Empire! And by now you must know the best what kind of punishment this sin must get.

All the Divan members were staring the scene in shock at this point.

Even if they wouldn't have been shocked they couldn't have spoken up.

Meanwhile Dervish bravely tried to run away, but by that point atleast 4 guards were standing behind him and held him down as soon as he tried to escape.

The Sultan himself looked emotionless, but deep down this was like his worst nightmare to do right now.

- Without me doing that... - Dervish hissed - You'd already be dead too, Herman! Just as all yours brothers that monster killed!!

This was the last straw.

Herman pulled his sword out that one of the guards were holding beside him this whole time, stepped closer to Dervish and stabbed him right in the heart, killing him instantly.

A/N: You know... I didn't want to leave this part out, but it's so weird to think about Herman doing that xD

I don't know if it's just me, or do you feel the same too...

Meanwhile I also included a pic which can exactly show the situation and also what the "red caftan" means so hope it's fully understandable now.