Chapter 30

- Angie, what happened to you?! Tell me everything! - mom demanded when we finally calmed down and could sit down to talk properly.

- I will, but it's gonna be a long story... - I laughed awkwardly.

- We have time! And even if you don't... You have! So speak!

Luckily while this was happening Pablo and Zülfikar went out to take care of the letter and send it out to Herman, letting him know we're all fine and also went to check the boat and if they can fix it.

So I could openly talk about all the happenings from the palace and also how did I get here...

- I see - she said, sounding pretty frustrated by what I've told her so far - So this is why your father didn't come home anymore...

- Yeah - I sighed - I'm sorry, mother... It was my fa---

- Don't even try to blame yourself for it! - she snapped - It wasn't your fault, understood??

- Y-Yeah...

- You did well the rest... You got people to help you there...

- But it's not enough. I'm pretty much still alone against all of those that Safiye Sultan has in her hands.

- Maybe... But you have something they don't!

- What... Do I have...?

- The natural ability to be a ruler, using words the right way...

I was silent while she continued speaking.

- Our family has been the ruler of this village for thousands of years... Just as me, your father... You also born to be a ruler... Born to be a queen, Angeles...

- Born to be a queen...

- Your father would be proud of you having a lovely family - she added with a soft smile.

- And I'm pregnant even now... - I muttered, smiling back.

- What?! - she gasped in shock.

- Yeah...

- Then we have to celebrate that!

- We really shouldn't...

She sighed then smiled.

- You just want to rest, don't you? - she asked.

- No... I just want to be with you... While I can... That's all I need right now...

- Okay then...

Suddenly we were interrupted by a man walking in to the room, looking shocked first...

- What... Is happening here? - he asked.

- Who are you? - Pablo immediately said as he stepped in the unknown man's way.

- Easy! - mom interrupted - He's uh... He's my husband...