Chapter 80

Angie was already disgusted by the fact that Halime was going to rule everything in the palace, but she was more disgusted by the other fact that she will have to face Safiye Sultan in the old palace, where she was also sent to.

- Well, well... Long time no see you like this, Kösem.

Safiye had the biggest and most satisfied smirk on her face when she saw her rival entering the room.

- Welcome to the old palace, I suppose... Or how did you say? Palace of Tears?

- Very funny - Angie groaned.

She was the only one in the room with Safiye as the sultanas, Angelica and Lorenzo went to the other room to just sit down and calm down.

- It is funny to me - Safiye replied - You thought you're so powerful... But your power only lasted until your dear Herman died. But in reality you're nobody...

- I don't know who's nobody here. Someone that has plenty of sons to hold on to, or someone that basically has nobody on her side anymore.

- It's all thanks to you, Kösem! You got both my son and my younger daughter killed! But I'm sure you'll get the same from Halime Sultan sooner, or later!

- That's not going to happen - Angie hissed.

- Think whatever you want - Safiye smiled as she walked past her and exited the room, leaving Angie angry as hell.

----- TIME SKIP -----

"Oh the green in every tree, every vine, every grass... Their freshness and blossom... Oh my state, my fortune... My greatness... Having you by my side is enough... There would be no mountains high enough... No storms strong enough... No enemy powerful enough for me..."

- Stop dreaming, Angie... - shs muttered herself after hearing Herman's voice in her dream and waking up in the middle of the night - He isn't coming back... Not anymore...

She missed him so much.

But time couldn't be turned back.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The following morning while Angie was trying to get herself together Safiye Sultan decided to visit Halime Valide Sultan and ask for an unusual request.

She wanted to dig up her son's grave.

She had this feeling deep inside that Iskender might not even be dead, but she didn't know for sure.

And she wanted to make sure if this was just some silly thoughts, or the truth...

Arriving to the palace, ready to face Halime she looked pretty shocked at her.

- What made you want to see me? - Halime asked.

- I have a request to you - Safiye started, but after explaining what she wants Halime's answer was:

- No.

- Why not?

- Why would I do you any favors after all you have done with us and Mustafa? - Halime hissed - You can be happy nobody ordered your execution now that my son is the sultan!

Safiye stayed silent.

- You're also the reason behind Mustafa's fears - she hissed - If you wouldn't have done what you have done at the time Herman wouldn't have thought about killing him either! So no! No favors! Now get out!

- Yeah... Just act like you're that innocent - Safiye groaned then left the room silently, holding her anger back.

After all this did not come out how she expected.

But she did not give up on her plans and acted against what Halime said either way.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Are you sure this was a good idea, Validem? - Hümasah questioned her mother as they were outside at the grave which a servant was digging up by the time they got there.

- I don't care if it isn't - she replied - I need to know the truth. I need to see this myself... To believe it.

Hümasah sighed deeply.

She understood her mother and felt the same way, but she also thought she knew what she had to expect to see...

But...

- Sultanim - the aga, who was digging finally spoke up.

As the sultanas went closer to the hole they were shocked to see that it was empty.

- What... Empty...?? - Safiye Sultan gasped.

- How... - Hümasah muttered too.

Suddenly the women looked at each other in shock and realization that their beloved brother and son might still be alive somewhere.

- Oh, Allah... - Safiye muttered between her tears as she grabbed onto her daughter's hands tightly.

Iskender was alive.

And now they wanted to know where he is.