Chapter 59

A/N: My Wattpad is so dead... People are reading my very old stories, but barely anybody sees this and honestly idk if I will ever write any more after I finish this...

- What... Are you talking about? - I stuttered when I finally turned to face the Sultana, who already had sat up in her bed, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

- You heard me... My Sehzade...

At this point I began to laugh.

Not because it was funny, but because I was horrified.

- That's not true - I muttered.

- Iskender, it is true. You said it yourself that you have been looking for your mother, haven't you?

- Yes, but that doesn't mean that...

- The kerchief you have been taking with you everywhere - she continued - That was made by Sultan Süleyman. He made it for his only beloved daughter, Mihrimah Sultan... And since that time the kerchief got to one family member to another.

She paused.

- I had it too once... But at the time... I gave it to my son... Who was supposed to be killed by Sultan Mehmed Han... Sultan Herman's father.

I leaned against the nearest wall.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

- My son...

She was now sobbing as she stood up and came towards me, but I stepped back.

- This is ridiculous... This just cannot be real - I shaked my head.

- It is true... Believe me... - she said, but I just couldn't believe it.

Or no.

It's not that I couldn't believe it.

I didn't want to believe it.

- No... No... - I continued shaking as I stormed out of the room, out of the palace back to the main palace to calm down.

I just couldn't believe it.

Me? A Sehzade?

That can't be true...

But if that is true...

That explains why has Hümasah Sultan been so nice to me all the time, sometimes just stopping me to ask if I'm okay and stuff like that.

It has been the weirdest thing of all...

But...

----- TIME SKIP -----

I didn't even realize that the night passed by and it was already early in the morning when I was still standing outside the balcony, thinking about what I heard.

I only realized the time when Angie came up to me...

Oh dear, I'm fucked...