Chapter 33

4 days passed by and in the meantime we got an answer to the letter from Herman, telling us to not to move because he's coming.

- What a gentleman, huh? - my mom joked.

- Yeah, he is... - I muttered - Although it's his fault that I got into this situation...

- Don't be mad! He's your husband and your son's father after all...

At this point I suddenly heard a deep sigh from behind me.

I don't know who was it as I didn't turn around and payed more attention to it, but it sounded extremely painful.

- Yeah, that's true...

- So how about we talk a little bit?

- Huh?

- About something you really need to know about... And something that might can help you in the future when you go back...

- Okay...

She suddenly turned serious.

- Do you know that if they want you dead... You have to show them you can overpower them...

- That's what I've been trying to do, but they don't take me seriously.

- Angie... You said that the harem doesn't have a leader now, right?

- Yes - I nodded - Wait...

- I think you already know what's in my mind, don't you?

- Yes, but...

- Then make him choose you, damnit!

- Mother...

- They already have pushed you out of the way, Angeles! - she suddenly snapped at me - You have kids to take care of and you need to gain power if you want to do that!

I didn't know what to say.

I knew she was more than right in this and I knew I was still weak to do anything at all.

But while talking like this suddenly we hear Lorenzo shouting outside:

- CALM DOWN, PEOPLE! THEY AREN'T HERE TO HURT US!

This distracted us completely and we went outside to see 3 boats with the flag of the Ottoman Empire which could only mean one thing:

- Herman!