Chapter 77

- I can't... Believe he's... He's dead - the pasha said after him and Angie went out to the balcony to calm their nerves for a bit.

- I can't believe it either... But he is - Angie sighed - I was with him that whole time... It was the following morning of our halvet...I haven't slept since this happened...

- Atleast he wasn't alone...

Angie took a deep breath as she nearly began to cry again.

- What are you planning to do next? - Zülfikar continued - Are you going to put Sehzade Osman to the throne?

- I can't do that yet.

- But... If you aren't going to do that, but let Mustafa and Halime take a power... Become the Valide and gain everything she won't have mercy on anybody...

- I know... And that's why I need your help and to always be ready with the janissaries and the others if...

- Understood - he cut her off.

"I'm entrusting my children and Kösem to you, Zülfikar."

Herman's last words for him rang in Zülfikar's mind.

He wanted to do whatever he can to help the sultana and the children to be safe, but he didn't know how yet as he also didn't know how things will gonna go from now on.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Continuing her plans Angie now headed over to Halime Sultan's room to have a talk with her.

As she entered the room Halime looked rather shocked to see her enemy at her room, but she kept her calm and smiled:

- Kösem! What made you come here? - she asked - I'm guessing the halvet went well since I haven't seen you for 2 days.

Angie just nodded silently then after some seconds she looked right into Halime's eyes while asking the question she never thought she'd ever ask:

- Do you want Sehzade Mustafa to take the throne?

The smile Halime had in her face quickly disappeared and turned into a shocked expression.

- What? What are you talking about, Kösem? The Sultan...

- Sultan Herman's dead - she cut her off painfully.

Hearing this Halime Sultan was speechless for atleast a minute.

- Kösem, I... I'm sorry...

Angie shaked her head.

- Herman's no longer with us so don't pretend you feel sorry for anything - she said - But if you plan to make your son take the throne... Be careful... Because if my Sehzades get hurt... That'll be the last thing you'll do alive.

Halime's mouth was literally hanging open still as Angie left her room.

She just couldn't believe her own ears.

- Herman... Dead... - she muttered to herself.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The rest of the day wasn't that hard, but the evening was as Angie had to call over her children to tell them the bad news about their father.

She was already shaking as she tried to make herself look less bad...

- Angie... - Maria spoke - Do you want us to be here too? - she asked.

Cennett, Defne and the rest of her servants she loved and trusted the most where in the room.

- Yeah... I will need you all... - Angie replied and only seconds later they heard a knock - Come in!

Her daughters arrived first, all greeting their mother respectfully than sat down.

- What's the matter, Validem?

Ayse, Angie's oldest daughter asked as she noticed her mother looking really pale and sad.

- I'll tell you everything once when the boys arrive - she replied.

Only a few more minutes needed for the boys to arrived too and they all sat down too.

- So what happened, mother? Why did you need all of us here? - Mehmed asked.

- From now on you all are my life. You and the Ottoman state - Angie started while trying to get herself together for the worst part - I want you to know that whatever I do... Is for your peace and safety...

- Validem... What are you talking about? - Ayse asked.

- You're scaring us... - Fatma, the younger girl added.

- Mother, why are you like this? What's going on?? - Mehmed also asked while the rest of the children just looked confused and concerned.

Maria looked at her sister as she took a deep breath and finally said...

- Your father... Sultan Herman Han has passed away...