Chapter 47

Hümasah's POV:

- So Kösem's mother has been there for 2 days now, huh? - said my mother, Safiye.

- Yeah... Seems like it - I replied.

Bulbul aga came with this news the day when she arrived.

Validem has been planning something since that day, but I have no idea what.

And honestly...

I wasn't sure if I even wanted to know...

But just then...

- Sultanim!

Bulbul aga came in.

- Yes? - she looked up.

I was silent.

- Erm... Kösem Sultan's mother is here.

Now we both looked up at him in shock.

- Angelica - he added - And her husband, Lorenzo. They want to see you.

- Validem... - I muttered as I looked back at her now.

- Let them in - she simply said, with a calm smile on her face.

I have to admit.

I'm a little scared of what is going to happen now.

But I waited as this woman walked in.

She also had a crown on as well as a shining blue dress.

Her way of looking at my mother way the exact same as Kösem's.

The same cold look.

She could kill her by only looking at her.

- Safiye Sultan? - she finally spoke up.

- Yes - Validem replied - Angelica. Nice to finally meet you.

- I can't say the same - she said - But I wanted to meet you. So why not coming around while I'm here, no?

I was still silent while she sat down in front of my mother and while Bulbul aga got all of us some tea.

I couldn't help noticing how the man... Lorenzo was watching everything that was happening this whole time from the door.

He looked more like a bodyguard than a husband.

Anyway...

- So how's it going since you've been let out of the cell, where you belonged to? - she asked.

- How dare you to ta---

- Calm down, Hümasah - mother said as I was interrupting their conversation - There's nothing to get pissed off for...

- But Validem!

- She knows I'm right - Angelica continued - But no... A murderer like her should be dead already.

- What the hell are you even talking about?!

- She's talking about Enzo - Validem said with a smirk on her face.

Right now Angelica's face clearly said she wants to kill her.

- How many people have you killed so far just for fun, aside from my husband, Enzo?

- It doesn't matter.

Suddenly Angelica stood up and at the same time Lorenzo also stepped beside her.

- Listen to me very carefully now... - she hissed - If anything ever happens to my daughter... The Sultan... Or any of my grandchildren... I'll make sure... To hurt you... And anyone that's important to you as well...

I was surprised to see my mother not reacting to this at all, but simply let them leave the palace.

I think she might have been shocked just as much as I was...