Chapter 87

- So... As our lord, father and husband... Sultan Herman's last wish said... - Angie began after she and everybody calmed down - The throne will...

Suddenly she was interrupted by a scream...

- Iskender!!

- Goddamnit... - Pablo groaned as he recognized Safiye Sultan's voice then soon they all saw her and Hümasah rushing into the room.

- Iskender! My son! - Safiye cried - Finally! I'm so glad you're here! - she said as she hugged him tightly.

The rest of the people were dead silent this whole time.

- Sultanim... - he muttered.

- Sehzade Iskender will finally get the place he deserves to be in!

- Safi--

- And I'll finally become Valide Sultan again and...

- Validem! - Pablo snapped which left everyone shocked.

- Did you... Say...

- Yes, I said Valide - he replied - Please calm down and listen to me...

She just stared at her son in silence...

- I'm not going to become a Sultan...

- B-But...

- I don't feel the need of everyone be admired and have more responsibility than what I already have...

- Brother... - Hümasah muttered, who never actually wanted him to be on the throne either, if it's gonna cause more problems at the first place.

- And I'd like this to stay in secret... That only people here know who I am... I just want to be here, not to be in fear of my life anymore, but live my life how I used to before...

- Iskender, you can't be serious about this!

- I am serious, mother... And if I really am that important to you then please... Try to understand me...

Safiye really wasn't satisfied with what her son just told her, but he was way too important to her so she gave in and let him do what he wanted after all.

As Pablo turned back to the others, but mostly to Angie the two made one last eye contact before things continued...