Chapter 8

- Poison? - I moaned in pain as I leaned back in the bed - How are you... So sure about that?

- Yes! We should call the doctor first! - Azura said before Cennett could even speak up - She'll be able to tell if it's indeed poison, or something else!

- Okay! - Cennett simply nodded as she left the room to get the doctor.

If I've been poisoned this is something really weak and not what Zülfikar got which doesn't make any sense.

But...

Maybe it does...

- Ugh...

I just threw up again.

Goddamnit...

----- MEANWHILE -----

Hümasah's POV:

Again I went to visit my mother and since Zülfikar didn't get better enough to help me out this time this guy, Iskender was the one helping me out with the traveling.

But before I left Bulbul came.

- Are you doing to see Safiye Sultan? - he asked me.

- Yes - I replied while I was getting ready.

- I see - he smiled a bit suspiciously - I hope she's okay.

- You can probably guess how is she doing there, in the cell - I sighed painfully.

I know she did wrong, but she's my mother...

I feel terrible for her.

- Take this with you - Bulbul spoke as he handed me a letter.

- What is this? Is this for her?

- Your decision if you give it to her, or not - he replied - I want you to read it once when you're on your way.

- Bulbul...

He just smiled, bowed then walked out of my room.

What the hell was this all about?

He acts weird today, but I don't have time for this!

I need to go!

----- TIME SKIP -----

On the way in the boat I decided to read the letter Bulbul gave to me and what I saw in there shocked me so much.

"Safiye Sultan has been looking for her son for a long time now. She had a few clues and we got really near to see him, but before she was prisoned we couldn't get to meet him.

A few days ago I was out in the village to meet the man that was helping in this, who finally showed me who the person we were looking for.

Who had the cloth from your family.

And it is Iskender."

Wait, what?!

Is this for real?

I was so shocked that all I could do was to stare at Iskender, who just looked back at me in confusion, but didn't say a word.

All I could do was to stare, even when we finally arrived and I was even unable to speak for a few moments when I was around my mother.

I needed time to work this out.

I mean... My brother is actually alive...

My brother, whom we all thought was dead is right here...

Really?!

How?!

I don't get it...

I really don't...