Chapter 46

Anyways...

Me, my mother and Lorenzo headed inside the palace, towards Herman's room, but we still had to walk through the harem to get there.

Walking there the aga immediately shouted out my arrival...

- Valide Sultan's coming!

- Valide Sultan? - mother looked at me - Well done, I have to say. You're finally powerful.

- Just as you said... I was born to be a queen - I smirked - Now here I am, with people bowing their heads as soon as they see me. It's almost perfect.

- Almost? Oh... Let me guess... Safiye?

I nodded.

- Hmm... Would you mind if I'd visit her?

I immediately stopped from walking as she said that.

- You can't go there.

- Why not?

- Don't you remember what I told you?!

- I do remember - she said firmly, looking at me right in the eyes - I know what she did... And exactly this is why I want to face her.

She paused.

- I want to see... Who killed my husband... Your father... Enzo...

By the way she was talking and the way she was looking at me I knew she was serious and can't be turned back from this.

- Alright - I sighed - But only after meeting Herman and your grandchildren - I added with a happy smile as I tried not to look too worried, or annoyed.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I decided to call everyone in my room for the meeting and first Herman came and to my biggest surprise he greeted my mother with a kiss on the hand.

- Well... You seem to have changed a lot since the last time we met - mom laughed.

- I'm trying my best to be a better person every day - Herman replied.

Then Maria came in and could barely hold her excitment back...

- Maria!

Well...

Mother wasn't bothered to hold anything back with that scream.

Anyway after they hugged my... Mine and Herman's all the children came.

My mother happily greeted everybody, but after everything calmed down she leaned closer to me and whispered...

- Are they all yours and his children? - she asked.

- Yes - I laughed - Well, aside from Osman... As he was Mahfiruze's son... But the rest of them are our children.

- Wow...

- What?

- Eh... You made a huge family. That's for sure!

- Thank you! - I smiled.

She just smiled back then hugged me.