Chapter 7

Before evening has came I also found out that Mehmed Aga disappeared.

If that's also thanks to Handan then she's turning way worse than Safiye Sultan ever was.

- What are you gonna do?? - Cennett asked me, like if I'd always know what the hell to do in a situation like this.

But just as I could've answered guess who crossed our path?

Correct.

Handan Valide Sultan.

- I heard Mehmed Giray was shot to death - she told me with the coldest expression on her face.

- Just almost - I replied - And I heard Mehmed Aga disappeared.

She didn't say a word, but her expressions spoke more.

- And Captain Zülfikar was poisoned.

- What do you want to say?

- Neither you, nor Dervish Pasha can get away with this.

- I think you should be careful too. Who knows what could happen to you too... After all this terrible disasters...

I nearly grabbed onto her, but Rose appeared behind me, holding my arm back and make me let Handan walk away.

- Damnit! - I hissed.

- Sorry - Rose said.

- No, not you. Handan...

- Be careful with her.. She seems more then determined to ruin everyone and take everyone out of the way.

- All this because of Dervish...

- Come on - she sighed - Let's get back now...

I didn't feel like talking to her too much and I simply headed off back to my room for now.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- You're always holding me back! - I hissed at Rose once when we were back in my room - Always!

- Don't you think attacking the Valide Sultan in front of the whole harem would've been the stupidest thing you could do?! - she snapped back at me - I just want to help you!

- Yeah... I guess you're right - I sighed deeply to finally calm down - Maybe...

I swear I'm gonna kill both of them as soon as I'm having the perfect chance to do it.

- Whatever - I groaned.

- Go and get some rest - she smiled, like if nothing has happened.

Remember when I said she was like a second mother to me?

Somehow since I saw her with Safiye Sultan I can no longer fully trust her...

I just can't...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Although I don't trust Rose I was actually exhaused so I went to take some rest and I actually slept till early morning...

But in the morning I woke up to harsh pain in all over my body which I had no idea where did I get from...

I couldn't move and at some point I felt like I'm about to throw up too...

- Azura! Cennett! Someone...

Azura came in immediately.

- Give me the bowl... - I moaned and as soon as she did I threw up.

I felt so weak.

I had no idea what's going on with me.

While I was throwing up Cennett also came around to see what's going on then as she checked the water I was just drinking before I got sick she said something I was not expecting her to say:

- They put poison into the water!! You've been poisoned!!