Chapter 6

Angie's POV:

After spending the night with Herman again he left to go out for a mission, or something while I headed off to a little walk alone, just to relax and turn my mind off for a while, but I was soon snapped back into the real world when I heard someone screaming...

- Get help! Go!!

Then I saw two guards running away, but stopping in front of me for a bow.

- Don't stop here!!! Go!!!!

They ran away while I went towards the voice to see Hümasah Sultan trying to help Zülfikar.

- Sultana! What happened here?! - I asked.

- Zülfikar was poisoned! - she panted - Come on and help me out here! Get more water and coal!

I immediately went to help her and tried to do my best to be useful with helping her get the more coal-water ready.

I didn't know that at the time, but coal-water can stop the effect of the poison and can save a life.

Which we soon did...

Zülfikar began to calm down and seconds later caughing back the water he was given which was the sign of his survival.

To this both me and Hümasah Sultan sighed deeply in relief and some time later the doctor was called to make sure he will make it.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Who the hell would want to poison him?! This palace is supposed to be a safe home for all of us! - Hümasah groaned when we were outside the room.

- Oh, if you'd know... - I muttered silently.

- Do you know? Was it you?!

- Why would I try to kill someone that saved me numerous times?! - I snapped.

- Then speak up already! Who was it?!

Suddenly I saw Handan Sultan walking through from the corner of my eyes and as I looked towards her Hümasah also saw my disgused face and immediately seemed to understand it.

- It was her, wasn't it? - she asked.

- Very much likely yes... - I replied.

She didn't say a word to this, but even if she wanted she couldn't as Herman just now arrived with Dervish and some others to see Zülfikar and she went with them.

I just left the place, but soon after this I bumped into Cennett...

- Sultanim! I have some bad news!

- What is it now?

- Mehmed Giray was nearly shot to death and Zü----

- I know about Zülfikar - I groaned.

This is definitely Handan's actions.

Both Mehmed Giray and Zülfikar since they both are my helpers...

This is starting to get too serious now...