Chapter 72

Arriving to the Sultan's room I still felt a little confused about all this, but I went in and bowed, just how I had to.

- Thank you for coming - he said.

- Of course - I nodded - What did you want to talk to me about?

He sighed deeply.

- Angie probably didn't tell you, but...

He took a deep breath.

- I'm sick... And basically dying.

- Wait, what?!

- Yeah - he nodded - This is the truth.

I was now completely speechless.

True that one night Angie came back to her room with her face completely white, but once I tried to ask what's wrong she simply change the subject.

So this was the reason...

- I... I see...

He now stood up from his bed and walked up to his desk.

He then picked a key up from there and came back to me.

- Take care of this - he told me - This is a key to a place which has some important documents inside.

- Huh...

- I'm not going to tell you what place it is, or where it is now, but if anything happens to me and Angie and my children needs help this will help them. Zülfikar Pasha knows where you have to go.

- Understood...

- Now go before Angie notices you're away.

I was so terribly confused, but I didn't ask anything, just bowed and left the room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Angie's POV:

I just wanted to enjoy this day with Herman and all my children...

Who knows if we will have a moment like this again...

All of us...

Being together...

As a family...

- They're all amazing... - Herman muttered as we were sitting there, just watching the kids playing around and for once even Osman and Mehmed weren't fighting.

This was really relaxing and happy.

- They are... All thanks to both of us...

He looked at me then kissed my hand softly.

- Can you come with me for a moment? - he then asked - I need to show you something.

- Yeah... Yeah, sure - I nodded, a little confused as we both stood up and walked out of my room, towards his room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As we arrived to Herman's room I heard people talking on the balcony and even he lead me towards the balcony door.

Looking out I saw the priest talking while Mehmed aga and Yahya Pasha sitting in front of him.

- What is happening? - I asked from Herman.

- This is our wedding, Angie - he replied, looking into my eyes - I'm setting your free...