Chapter 69

Herman's POV:

Everything is ready for tomorrow's wedding.

I just hope I'll be completely fine when it's time to show this to Angie...

I feel so weak, but I don't want to leave my family yet... But appearently I will.

Goddamnit...

The pain and coughing is back.

I could barely walk out to the balcony to get some fresh air without coughing up blood.

Maybe this is my punishment for doing so many things wrong, starting from the execution of Dervish Pasha...

I honestly think it was the right thing to do, but many people said it wasn't, including my mother too...

---------

- If you want people to respect you and fear you... You have to show your power... And shall never let anything to break you down!

---------

That's what Dervish used to tell me when I was afraid of becoming the Sultan.

He was always right in that.

And I did become powerful.

I think?

I don't know anymore, but I have to get myself together because Angie's coming over for dinner and I don't want this dinner to go by with her being worried about me.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Angie's POV:

- Where are you going this late, Kösem?

- What do you care, Halime?

I bumped into Halime Sultan on my way to see Herman.

She doesn't know about his sickness either which is better this way as she's also thirsty for power.

She has been blaming both me and Herman for Mustafa becoming paranoid of everything and began to hate me again.

Honestly it's not like if I'd want to be her friend, but having her hatred won't be good in the future either...

- Can I ask you something?

- Depends on what it is.

- What type of medicine the Sultan gets lately?

- What are you talking about?

What the hell?!

How did she know about it?!

- Don't play dumb with me, Kösem! - she hissed - I'm sure you know about it too!

- You shouldn't care. That's none of your business.

- I will find out anyway.

- I doubt you will. You have nothing to do with that information so leave it be - I hissed back at her then just walked away, trying to calm myself down.