Chapter 16

Angie's POV:

Maria is right now singing for the kids and all I'm doing is sitting here and watch with the biggest smile you could ever imagine.

It honestly makes me happy to have her here.

I don't feel that alone anymore, even though Hümasah Sultan doesn't seem to be a bad person either.

- Mother would love to see her grandchildren - said Maria after a while as she turned towards me.

- I know... - I sighed.

- She'd like to have them back home...

- Maria!

- Yes?

- What are you trying to say? That I should go home and leave everyone here behind?

- Silly thoughts! - said Cennett, who just came in - By the way...

- Yes? What is it now?

- I just thought you might want to know... That Dervish Pasha was executed earlier this morning by the Sultan himself.

Maria sighed deeply, probably remembering all the details I've told her about him and Handan while all I could do was to nod.

- Was it worth it? - she asked me after a while.

- He was dangerous - I replied firmly - It was worth it.

- If you say so.

I don't know if she's shocked by what she's seeing me doing here, or simply everything else...

But exactly this is why I felt less stressed when she wasn't here.

She wasn't in danger atleast...

- I'm sorry, Maria... - I sighed.

- It's fine - she mumbled - I don't know for real what have you gone through so far... So I should be the one saying sorry...

I just sighed again then hugged her.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later outside I went to take a walk with Maria when we bumped into Pablo.

He was far from us yet Maria immediately noticed him...

- Who's that handsome guy? - she asked me.

- Huh? That's Pablo... Or as he has been known here... Iskender. A great guy.

- Great guy, yes... I agree!

- Maria!

- What?!

We both ended up laughing at this, but in the end we didn't bother him as soon he was called away by someone else.