Chapter 10

The girl Bulbul was shouting at near my room was Maria.

I tried to hold myself back, but as soon as we were face to face all I could do was to cry.

- Let her come, Bulbul - I said, trying to act as normal as possible.

- But Sultanim!

- I said let her come!

He nodded and let her come to me.

As soon as she was right in front of me I just hugged her tightly and she did the exact same thing.

- Angie... - she sobbed - I finally found you!

- Maria... - I sobbed too - Come on in! - I then said as I pulled her into my room, where we could talk properly and more privately.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- So this is why he never came back... - Maria sighed painfully after I also told her about our father's death.

- I'm sorry... - I muttered.

- What?! Why?!

- He died because of me...

- You didn't kill him, okay?! It was Safiye and not you! Don't even try to blame yourself for that! - she snapped at me.

- Maria...

- Although...

- Hm?

- Don't you think this fight is going too far?

- Me? Are you asking me?! Of course it is going too far! I've nearly been killed a few times and the same goes for everybody by now. My life is still threatened! Did you really think I live here lile a queen, or something?!

- I didn't say that so calm down, please...

- I am calm!

I then sighed deeply.

- How's our mother? - I asked her - Is she okay? Is she healthy?

- She is - Maria nodded - She's just worried about you...

- I see...

- And so was I - she added.

- Maria... - I sighed deeply once again as I didn't know what else to do - Erm... And what are your plans now that you found me?

- I have no idea to be honest.

I was about to speak up about how she shouldn't stay here, but then Cennett interrupted us...

- My Sultana... The Valide Sultan and our Sultan is only waiting for you now.

- Erm... Alright - I nodded awkwardly then turned back to Maria - Listen, if you decide to stay here you'll have to know some rules... Including that you can't just bother a Sultana like how you wanted to get to me...

- My bad, but anyway alright - she laughed.

- You stay here for now... I need to attend to a family dinner now.

- Huh? Okay...

- And once when everything calms down here more, or less I'll introduce you to the Sultan too - I added and with that I left her in the room.

I had to attend this dinner.

As after this nothing will be the same...