Chapter 17

Herman's POV:

They just took Dervish's dead body out of the room, but the rest of the Divan is still shocked by what they just saw.

I'm shocked too.

I had no idea I have so much anger inside of me that made me stab him this way.

But that's what someone like him deserves to get.

- It's finally over... - I sighed as I sat down while the pashas stood in their places, but none of them said a word.

I'm guessing they never really liked Dervish at the first place.

- Murad Pasha - I called him.

- Yes, Sir.... - he stepped out, bowing his head deeply.

- Since my confidant is dead now... I shall choose a new one... Which is going to be you - I told him and handed him the stamp which Dervish had only moments ago.

He was speechless, but he immediately got on his knees and kissed the end of my caftan, just as he had to.

I personally didn't want to do anything more so after this I ended the meeting and went to my room to relax.

I didn't want to do anything else.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Heading back to my room I saw Dilruba, Halime's daughter standing on the corridor, bowing her head towards me.

- What are you doing here? - I asked her as I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

Just now I also noticed Mehmed Aga standing a few feet behind her, looking slightly worried for some reason.

- I need to talk to you, My Lord - she replied - It's about the Valide Sultan...

- Alright, come in - I told her while I walked in myself and we sat down to talk.

If it's about my mother whoever says anything they need to speak up.

As right now I'm really worried about her...

She was against Dervish's execution and by now she probably also knows that he's dead.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Angie's POV:

It's late night already.

Most of the people in the palace are just finishing off with their work and relaxing now.

I'm reading at this time as all the kids are sleeping peacefully, but soon I got a visitor...

- Herman...?

This late?

He really looks exhaused, but he's also looking suspiciously at me.

- Herman, what is it? - I asked him.

- How did you know about him being in love with my mother?