Chapter 48

Angie's POV:

I was frustrated the whole time while my mother was at Safiye Sultan's palace, but as she got back she seemed completely normal.

- Mother? Welcome back... - I said.

- Thank you - she smiled happily.

I was so confused.

- Mother... What happened there?

- Nothing much. We talked.

- I see...

But looking at Lorenzo I got a different vibe from him.

That there was something more than just talking.

I know she can protect herself if necessary, but I'm still curious about what could have happened there between them.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Unfortunately time passed by too fast and my mother had to head back home.

- Take care of yourself, of the Sultan... And of your children as well as the harem too - she said as she hugged me - Don't forget to be strong... And don't let them make you weak... Ever...

- I won't forget - I smiled - And you take care of yourself too, okay?

- Okay!

Saying a long goodbye to each other they left to go home while I head back inside the palace to calm down for a moment.

I haven't spoken to my mother about what happened between her and Safiye after that day and I don't know if that was a mistake, or not...

I mean... Should I be worried?

It shouldn't have been too serious.

Besides whatever they could have talked about she's protecting us for sure.

----- TIME SKIP -----

So much has been happening and one evening I hear Herman's is spending a night with the same girl she spent some time with during his mission.

And I still don't know who this girl is...

But the following day I saw them outside the garden as I was taking my morning walk.

- Who's the girl? - Maria asked as she was with me as well that morning.

- Probably the girl he's having fun with lately - I replied calmly - But why don't we join them to see what are they doing?

Right after I said that I walked towards them.

I didn't feel like waiting for any answer.

Herman's POV:

Yasemin is really talented in painting so I asked her to do a painting of me outside.

Around 30 minutes into it I saw Angie coming towards us...

- My Lord - she said as she bowed.

- Come here - I smiled as I pulled her down gently to sit down beside me.

- What are you two doing? - she asked.

- Yasemin is making a painting of me - I replied.

- Oh really? Can I see it?

I looked over to Yasemin, who came closer right away and gave us her book, where she was doing her drawing first.

As we looked at it at some point I looked over to Angie...

- What do you think? Do you like it?

- Hmm... No.