Chapter 10: Death!

Parker's POV:
       I was with my best friend, Dianna. We were at a cafe. We go here a lot and just hang. My parents don't know that I told her about me bring a witch. I had to tell her, she's my best friend. "P?" Dianna asked and I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah, sorry." I apologized and she smiled. "No biggy. What are you thinking about?" Dianna asked. "Just.... My parents not knowing about you knowing about me." I replied. "Wow. That's a lot of not knowing." Dianna stated and I laughed. "Yeah." I agreed. "You okay?" Dianna asked. "Yeah. I am, D." I replied and she nodded. "Our parents would kill us if they knew we drank coffee at this cafe. They think we come here and drink hot chocolate or something." Dianna stated and I laughed. I finished my coffee and threw it away in the trash can next to me. Dianna finished not long after and threw hers away too.

Dianna's POV:
     We were walking to her house. She grabbed my arm and made me stop, I didn't even realised she stopped. What's going on? I hope she's okay. "What?" I asked. "Let's go home in a shortcut." Parker suggested and she smiled. "Sounds adventures." I stated and she laughed. "You have no idea." Parker stated and we started walking down the alley. I wonder what's down here. Maybe we can see a demon! I have wanted to see one since I found out about Parker being a witch.

Parker's POV:
     We were walking in the alley when a demon shimmered in front of us. I put Dianna behind me and conjured an energy ball. "Daughter of Balthazar." The demon stated. "I have a name." I stated as he confured a fire ball. "I don't really care." The demon stated and I sighed. "Whatever I stated. He threw the fire ball and I pushed Dianna out of the way and we both fell, causing my energy ball hit the alley wall. "Stay down." I stated and I stood up.
     I conjured another energy ball and threw it at the demon but he shimmered away. I turned around and saw Dianna sitting down against the alley wall. "Look out!" Dianna yelled and I turned around and saw him smirking at me. I shot lightning at him and hit his arm. He yelled in pain and threw a fire ball at me. I tried to move over but he hit my leg with the fire ball. I fell to the ground but forced myself to get up. I took deep breaths and threw another energy ball at him but he ducked and threw a fire ball at me and I ducked. I can't really run with my wounded leg and it's painful. I shimmered and then shimmered right in front of me and grabbed my neck.
He lifted me in the air as he chocked me. I tried to grasp for air, but was failing. He conjured another fire ball in his hand and looked at me. "This will show Balthazar that he chose the wrong side of the force." The demon stated with a smirk. "That's.... Not.... His.... Name." I stated. Then Dianna pushed the demon off of me and I fell to the ground. I grabbed my neck and started grasping for air. I let go of my neck and started to regain my breath. Then the demon threw the fire ball but Dianna got in the way and I screamed. "No!" I screamed with tears flowing down my cheeks. I stood up fast, no matter how much my leg was in pain. I shot lightning at him and it hit his heart. Then he vanished into thin air. I knelt down to Dianna.
      I held Dianna as I was crying. "Mom!" I yelled and then I saw orbs. Then my mom appeared. She saw what was going on. "What happened?" Mom asked as she knelt down on the other side of Dianna. "A demon. She's dead." I replied. "Did you kill the demon?" Mom asked and I nodded. She sighed and pulled me in for a hug. She kissed me forehead as I cried harder. "We have to go." Mom stated. "No." I stated. "Yes. I'll deal with noting her family and I'll help her family make a funeral for her. It'll be okay." Mom explained and I nodded. I looked at her and saw her eyes had tears in them as well. Mom orbed us away. This will be hard.