6- Cameron

"Oh. Joy the asshole is exceptionally moody today. How fucking great," her voice was cold.

Her words stabbed like daggers into my beating chest, enough to cause pain but not enough to end the suffering. Why am I always so cold to her. I want to hold her and kiss her and make her happy, yet all I cause is pain.

Staring down the long highway was all I could do too keep the tears from flowing down my face, I want to get closer to her. But how can I do that when everything that comes out of my mouth spews like venom when she is around.

"Man, does she ever sleep a lot," Jack giggled, leaning into the middle console poking her head.

"She is always like this on car rides, ever since she was 5 years old. No matter where we went she was always passed out in her seat. I swear she could sleep through the apocalypse," I chuckle looking over at her, she was always so peaceful when she slept.

"Why do you do that?" Jack whispered.

"Do what?" I chuckled out of confusion.

"Be so cold to her, when she is around but as soon as she is asleep or not in the room you have so many nice things to say about her," he sighed running his fingers through his hair, "It's not cool man, it actually really hurts her."

"Oh, I never really noticed. Just might be how long we've known each other. She is like an annoying little sister too me you know. I'll try and catch myself next time," The lie burning at the tip of my tongue. There was no way I would ever think of her like my little sister. She means so much more than that. And on this trip, I plan to prove it too her. Jack better stay out of my way.