School chat

The next school day Sunny Funny, Katy Kat, Paula Fox, Matt Major, and PJ Berri all noticed that PaRappa’s hat was golden instead of his usual orange hat
“Uh PaRappa what’s with the gold hat?” Katy asked pointing to her own head.
“Yeah what’s with it?” Everyone asked in unison.
“Oh, I just got a new hat. Mine kinda got destroyed heheheh,” PaRappa rubbed the back of his head nervously because he was on the spot.
“How’d that happen?” PJ asked. He then fell asleep one millisecond later.
“Gaster got to it,” He responded.
“Oh, sorry,” Sunny said.
“I can’t believe-” Matt started.
“Well you should believe,” PaRappa butted in.
“No, I can’t believe that Gaster hasn’t been jailed yet,” Matt said.
“Oh,” PaRappa wished he hadn’t butted in. It was a little rude.
“I think I oughta tell the police about him. I've had enough of Gaster stealing our stuff,” Matt continued.
“He once stole some of my playing cards,” Paula said.
“He stole one of my shirts while it was drying once,” Katy said.
“He stole some earrings from me,” Sunny included. Everyone kinda stared at her after that. “What?” She asked.
“You don’t have any ears,” PJ said. He then fell back asleep.
“Ever wonder why some people have ears or tails or whatever and some people don’t?” Katy asked scratching her chin.
“Good question. Uh, I don’t know,” PaRappa said.
“Genetics are the answer to that question! According to this book a long time ago when people were just starting out, they were separated by what animal or object they came from. Nowadays we are all just ‘people’. There are still what we came from around today, but we are more sophisticated than what we came from,” Matt said.
“That still only answers one 'why' though. Why wouldn’t cats dogs or birds or bears that aren't people not just become people like the one’s before them. We live more comfortable lifestyles. We don’t need to hunt for our food, we have a supermarket,” Paula said.
“I guess you’d have to ask them. Who knows, they might ask you why people didn’t stay in the wild,” Matt said like a teacher.
“Well, I definitely wouldn’t want to be like a flower flower. They don’t even think, let alone talk,” Sunny said.
“Yet they still thrive even without eyes to see or ears to hear,” Matt said. After that Sunny couldn’t stop thinking about how she heard anything to begin with. You should start thinking about how you can hear these words in your head even though they aren't sounds.
Just then the teacher came in. He had a bag over his head.
“Typical,” Paula whispered to herself.