Lean on me

Through many hours into the day he would often wake up and roll over. He could sleep all day if he wanted, and this time there was no guilt hovering over his head stopping him. Eventually around noontime all of his rest had been well spent, and his body was aching to get moving.

    He noted the shadows in his room had changed. He also noted the posters he had on his wall. There was a Snoop dogg poster, a Milkcan poster and a poster he got for free at Chop Chop Master Onion’s Dojo. He started at the last one the most because he was starting to remember Chop Chop.

“Now listen very carefully,” Chop Chop said.

“Uh huh,” PaRappa himself sounded pumped.

“You listening?”

“Yes,”

“You are?”

“In-deed,”

“Ok, prepare for the ultimate dating advice of your life. It’s a very uh, simple rule of life. You like action movies yes?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Doesn’t the epic guy always get the girl?”

“Well mostly,”

“Uh... well I know you can do it. You are most definitely a part of the ‘mostly’ hmm?”

“Uh yeah right! Gotta believe, gotta believe,”

“I have taught you well, so now it’s time for you to teach her, what you can do! ... Notbyactuallyfightingherpleasedon’tdothat,”

“Oh Sensei I would never do that!”

“Good to know. I’m glad you are more competent than some of my past students, eh. Now you just have to remember that you are her protector. And protectors are almost always the hottest,”

“Yes, I will be on fire! Sunny won’t have to worry about those no good bullies when I’m around,”

He could barely remember anything else from the conversation. Not even where they were standing.  

“Big brother someone’s on the phone for you!” Pinto said,“Oh, you’re wearing your old clothes?”

PaRappa looked down to find that he was wearing his old outfit. It even included his old hat.

“I never got dressed,” He said confused.

“No time to think about inconsistencies, you got a phone call!” Pinto said.

PaRappa began to walk to where he believed a phone would be, but before he could even exit his room Pinto beckoned him close with her finger. PaRappa went up to her so she was very close. Pinto lifted up PaRappa’s ear and whispered, “I missed you!” She then quickly pecked him on the cheek and headed downstairs. PaRappa’s mood drastically changed along with his perception of the sister he barely knew. He went downstairs and found the phone waiting for him flipped over.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey PaRappa. I was wonderin’... are you free this afternoon?” PJ said slowly, although PaRappa didn’t recognise him.

“Oh, I am very free,” He replied definitely, yet happily.

“Cool. Arrive at Club Fun at 9 o'clock. We’re gonna have a party, and it’s gonna be as big as that one time… You had that rap battle with that, other guy,” PJ seemed to have lost his words.  
“I'd love to come, er, where is Club Fun?... anyway?” PaRappa asked, embarrassed. PJ sighed, but then he smiled.

“You know what I'll just walk you over there,” He said.

“Oh, ok,”

“See ya PaRappa,” PJ hung up the phone at his apartment. He was going to see PaRappa again, and he trembled every once and a while with a feeling of giddiness.