Where no pile of pixels has gone before

Matt was sitting in another hotel room by himself listening to the clock tick. The more he thought about it, it didn't really tick but rather click.

He had explained earlier to the hotel staff his predicament and they gave him a 20% discount for his trouble. Matt wished he could've gotten more, but he was afraid that the hotel staff actually hated him. It wasn't a good idea to push his luck when he caused a fire and a hole in the floor. Now 3 rooms were out of commission. It was lonely now that the friends had gone off to find PaRappa in PaRappa town. PJ had decided to go with them after all as, Sunny had to stay in HaHa Land to work.

Just because Sunny was at HaHa didn't mean she had all the time in the world to help Matt. PJ was torn about going or not, and Sunny was the tipping point for his decision. For the past 2 days Matt did not have to ask anyone anything. He just already knew it. It made him a more quiet person in consequence, as he didn't have to ask for information like a normal person. At first he would always double check, but now it was clear to him that he was always right.

Click.

The clock was starting to annoy him. Time. When exactly did it end? When everything else does. Even you run out of time.

Click.

Time kept going as it always had, but now Matt understood a very dark truth. As long as time was going the end of it was growing. He would die one day all because of age.

Click.

He started twiddling his thumbs only to find that they moved in slow motion and had a rainbow of colors following his every movement. The walls seemed to be peeling into the bark of trees, and the carpet bunched up into cotton. It seemed to erode into one another like a toxic mixer. Matt immediately jumped up and tried to calm himself. This wasn't really happening. As he stood up he stood on the same carpet he had before. When he went to touch it the carpet was the same as it always was, he just couldn't see it.

Matt decided that he needed help. Error and Brent had gone food shopping so he didn't know where to find them. He decided that his best bet was to find Sunny. When the chaos starts to kick in. Matt would rather have it be chaos than some sort of super drug. What if somebody's drugged me? Am I going to overdose? Looking for the answer, he found that he wasn't drugged. This didn't calm his nerves one bit. Going down the stairs was a nightmare. He could feel someone sneaking up on him. Some steps were missing, and other steps were just trees. Living trees. He fazed through the trees like they were holograms stepping on invisible steps in the air. In the lobby he noticed how ridiculous he looked by the echoey sounds of people that he could not see talking to him.

"Are you ok Mr. Major?" Some lady echoed.

"Um, no. I'm really freaking out right now," Matt said oviding giant holes in the floor. In reality he just looked like he was just walking with really big slow steps.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?" The lady asked.

"Uh maybe later. I think I got this," Matt did not want to make this a big deal. He didn't think medical help was good enough for whatever this was anyway. Searching for an answer, all he saw was the number 60,000%.

How much is that?! Too much. He realized he had too much chaos. Most chaos beasts only had 100% as their full, but it looked like he had filled up his pail so much it was spilling on the floor. Continuing on his way he walked around peeling wall paper and glass rain. The people he saw were beyond absurd. Most of them sporting realistic fish heads or raptor teeth. In every way they were terrifying so Matt kept his arms glued to his side and his eyes griped to his path.