Headcannon: Prime Weapon= Security Blanket

Theory time!

It's been too long since I've done a thing like this! Let's give it a go!

So originally, this was going to strictly be for KrakenKid but I noticed that Cody shared the traits as well, though not in the same way. Lemme explain myself.

So, just in case you didn't know, a security blanket is an object that is often sentimental and is used to make one feel safe, kinda like how a child has a favorite blanket they carry around.

I noticed that both KrakenKid and Cody often carry around their primary weapons, the Dragon and Atlantean Spear respectively, even when they don't need it or have the intent of using it.

Many a episode, even when KrakenKid is going to use a sword or explosives and such, he always keeps his gun close by, exceptions being sleep or when he can't find it. He doesn't need it at that time, but it's still kept anyways.

Cody does the same thing with his spear, that thing never leaves his sight and he tends to panic when it does.

So, this leads me to believe they are acting as security blankets. Something to make them feel extra safe and is always on their person.

In Cody's case, it is his father's creation so of course he doesn't want to lose it, he's even had nightmares when he lost it, but either way it is always there. Prepares because it makes him feel safe.

As for KrakenKid, he hasn't show a reason quite to this extent for having it, but still always has it. Maybe when he first got it, it got him out of a pickle so now he just wants to make sure it's always with him?

Who knows, just my headcannon.
***********************

Maybe I'm overthinking it or something but hey, it's fun to entertain these thoughts! Whatcha guys think?

I hope you liked this little theory! Be sure to comment and I'll see ya!

--JustAnAtlantisWriter