An Apple A Day

Third Person

Ace sputtered and spit out the food in his mouth as soon as he tasted it, registering it. He dropped the rest of it that was being held in his hand, and his eyes shot up to Chester. "WHAT IS THAT?" He coughed, eyes wide.

Chester stared at him for a long time. "Whoa... You really didn't like that, huh?"

"No!" Ace shuddered. "It tastes horrible!" He grabbed a piece of granola from the table in front of him and stuffed it in his mouth, trying to get rid of the lingering taste in his mouth. "What is that? Some sort of poison or torture food?"

The purple eyed boy snickered. "Only an apple, though I see that you clearly didn't like it."

Ace stared at the apple he had bitten out of, nudging it away. "So people actually like these?"

Chester nodded along, putting an 'X' on a list titled, "Foods Ace needs to try" under the word 'Apple' which he now knew what it was. "So, how do you know what a lollipop is, but not an apple exactly?"

Ace shrugged. "I don't know! I know what somethings are from memories that I picked up. Apples weren't apart of it but lollipops are."

"And they're associated with something good since you took a liking to it." Chester added, nodding at the test result of lollipops, which was rated above several other things. "But you never even heard of apples before?"

"They looked familiar but otherwise, no." He answered, messing with his blue hair. 

Chester stared at him. "Not even from that saying? An apple a day keeps the doctor away?"

Ace's head shot up. "What?"

"It means that since apples are healthy, eating one-"

Ace cut him off. "Whoa, wait. Go back, repeat that saying that you just said, but more slowly."

Chester blinked in confusion but went with it. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." He repeated, slower now, as Ace requested. Ace's mind began to work now, thinking of something.

----------

Tanith was minding her own business when she heard a thunk on her window. She blinked, checking if someone was at the door, before realizing it came from her back door instead. 

Hesitantly, she opened it and peeked out, before noticing an apple on the ground of her porch. Confused, she stepped out, and picked it up. Examining it closely, she couldn't find anything abnormal about it.

Then something hit her arm. She flinched, then only became more confused when she found out it was another apple. And then another hit her, striking her tail and making her back up suddenly, before picking that one up too.

She scanned around, then paused when she noticed Ace a little ways away, with his arms full of apples. They stared at each other before Ace threw every single apple in his arms at her, and ran away. She protected herself with the shield, but only found herself more confused.

"What the heck?" Tanith mumbled to herself, staring at the apples. "Is this some other custom I don't know about?"

*****************************************************************

So Ace takes the idiom, "An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away" a bit too seriously

Sorry not sorry

Anyways, I hope this was entertaining! Be sure to comment what you think, and I'll see you guys later when my next update is finished! Sorry about the slacking, I'll try to pick up the 'Update once a day' back up again! See ya!

--JustAnAtlantisWriter