Choices- Sneakpeek

So I'm still not done with the next update of Sea Serpent so take a sneak peek of the first part!

Third Person
KrakenKid wasn't sure what it was about this "Kevin" guy, but he was off-putting.

His smile was twisted, his eyes were crazed, even the way he walked was jittery and crisscrossed. KrakenKid shivered when his silver eyes observed him, not like he was seeing what he looked like, but rather evaluating him, picking him apart, and more like a hunter after its prey more than anything.

Cody insisted on going to the lab before doing anything, and when they arrived there, they split off. Kevin was placed inside one of the empty glass boxes where the monsters were put. Cody made a beeline for Professor Pikalus, and KrakenKid found himself walking over to Tanith, who hid herself in the farthest corner away from Kevin.

Professor's glare didn't sway from Kevin, even when Cody was at his side. "What is he doing here?" He jeered, his arm flexing, but to Cody's relief, didn't grow in size or change color. At least he can hold back from going Hulk. Cody thought to himself.

"Did Tanith not mention him to you?" The king asked, piping up.

Professor scoffed. "Of course she did, she could hardly keep it in when she first walked through the door." His gaze shifted over to Cody, more annoyed than angry now. "But after everything that happened with that freak, I didn't think you'd bring him here of all places, or anywhere close to me. So, why is he?"

Cody glanced back in the direction of the prisoner before speaking. "He was a last resort, and I know you didn't call to report success but I was really hoping you had literally anything else that works. Having second thoughts here."

The mad scientist let out a huff and pulled out a GPS looking device. "If I had anything, you would've known by now. I made a special tracking device, but the problem is I couldn't get it to designish Ace from the Nexus' magic. And since even little, harmless bits of Nexus magic are sprinkled in the water to get it the way it is, and within everyone else since it has a hold on our souls-..." He snickered to himself, partially bitterly. He switched the device on and showed it to Cody. "See for yourself."

Cody blinked, staring at it. "I don't get it. The screen is just pure blue."

"Well, it was supposed to show a blue dot where the Nexus magic was."

Cody let out a low whistle, wincing to himself. "Right, it went horribly then. Last resort it is."

********************
Ba daaaaaaaa~

Anyways, I hope you liked this! Be sure to comment what you think and goooooodbye!

—JustAnAtlantisWriter