Chapter III: Firewhiskey and Citrus

The hallways were full of people whispering in secrecy. Crabbe and Goyle had spent their afternoon spreading the word about what occurred in Potions Class. Everyone was giving their opinions about the matter and adding more to the story each time. Some kid in Ravenclaw had even sworn he saw Harry take out a photo of Draco from his pockets. Harry felt humiliated and hurt. He did not want people making assumptions about his feelings for Malfoy when he could not even understand why the Amortentia smelled like him in the first place. Though, even when Harry closed his eyes to remember the smell of the Amortentia, it was clearly the same smells that came back to him-- the smell of citrus, grass, fresh parchment, air, Firewhisky, and a hint of vanilla. The citrus came from the smell of Malfoy Manor, grass and air from Quidditch practice, fresh parchment from Hogwarts, Firewhisky from all the alcohol consumed to forget the world around him, and vanilla was just his natural aroma. But, all these smells had one common thing in particular; they all were owned by one boy, Malfoy.

It was 11:30 p.m. now and Draco and Harry both walked to their dormitories. They could barely keep their eyes open; they were exhausted after such a long day. Draco's friends had spent the day teasing him about Harry's little spill in Potions Class and Harry spent all day with eyes glued to him. Both boys were tired of the constant nagging and wanted to be alone. Draco said to his friends laughing, "Potter is not worth our time! It's a disgrace to be named in the same sentence as him!" His friends laughed and left the dormitories. Draco crawled into his messy green and silver bed and laid his soft, platinum hair against the silk sheets. For a second, he thought about everything that happened today, crinkled his nose in disgust and fell asleep to the sound of people talking in the Common Room a couple meters away.