Chapter 28. If Only

Draco looked down at his knuckles, as blood dripped between the crevices of his fingers. His face was pallid and his movements were frail. The Slytherin collapsed to his knees, blood staining his white chemise. The canvas of white innocence once again shattered by a few droplets that became a fall. He did not want to acknowledge what had just happened because acknowledging was the first step to accepting and he could not handle that. He was sickened by a reality in which he could not control, the inevitability of his own feelings.

Draco removed the shards of glass from his skin. He was oblivious to the pain due to the obscurity of his mind. He quickly got up from the ground and straightened his back as he started to walk. He walked across the huge room and out of the door, leaving it to disappear behind him in only a matter of seconds. The room had left as quickly as it had come. Stares filled the halls as Draco rushed by. Even Ron and Neville got a glimpse of the boy and his bloody clothes before he faded into the dungeons.

"Draco!" Pansy yelled as she saw her best friend walking across the Slytherin Common Room. But she was left to the sound of her own voice. "Draco!" Pansy said this time louder but she was still left with silence.

Draco rushed to his room and changed his clothes, making sure to leave the bloody ones hidden.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy! Are you deaf?" Pansy opened the door while yelling. "I called your name twice and you walked beside me without even looking at me!" Draco looked up at Pansy without saying a word. "What the hell is up with you? I heard you and Blaise fought and now this! Something must be seriously wrong!"

"I am fine. Now leave me alone Parkinson!" the blond spat

"Something is off and I think I know what it is!I need to ask you something!" Pansy said

"What?" the boy responded.

"No, never mind!"

"Tell me! Now!" Draco said angrily

"Well, you asked for it! Do you fancy Potter, Draco?" Pansy said mischievously...