Chapter 58. First Day Back

Today was the first day of school. Everybody felt uneasy. Even if a new year was amongst them, it felt weird to have a bunch of new teachers replace the old ones and to feel a sense of security for once.

Harry walked down the hallways as he saw Hermione and Ron hold hands at the end of the corridor. She was leaned up against him with her lips pressed to his neck as they giggled. They seemed so happy. They were so happy. Ron had met her whole family during break and had fallen ever more in love with her. Harry walked over as he hugged them ever so tightly.

"I always knew you guys were meant for each other!" Harry said with a loving smile. They both blushed profusely, not knowing exactly what to say.

"We have an announcement..." Ron said as love and pride filled his eyes. Harry listened with curiosity as the once young bushy haired Gryffindor girl blushed more. She was no longer a girl. She was a woman, a brave and daunting woman. She lifted her hand.

"We are getting married!" Hermione said as tears of joy flowed down her cheeks. Harry was in awe as he sequeezed them both again but this time much tighter.

"I am so happy for you!" Harry said almost yelling. The two looked at each other as their eyes filled with pure and utter happiness.

"I wanted to apologize mate.." Ron said as his face grew sad.

"Apologize?"

"I know I should not have acted that way when I first figured out about Malfoy. I do not know if you actually fancy him, but either way I should not have acted that way with you." Ron admitted as Hermione looked at Ron and smiled. She was happy he apologized.

"It is okay." Harry voiced.

"No, it is not. I was mean."

"I forgive you." Harry said while nudging Ron in the arm. "I love him..." Harry confessed. The two stayed silent a moment.

"That is okay, Harry." Hermione smiled, but Ron's face grew uncomfortable. He did not know what to say. He had not expected to hear the "L" word, love. He was against it, but he knew he had to be there for him this time.

"Yes, that's...ok..a..y..., Ha...r..ry...." Ron said forcing the words out of his mouth, and just before Hermione was about to say something else Harry overheard other students speaking.

"Have you heard Lucius is dead." Daphne Greengrass said from afar. Harry ran as fast as he could up to her.

"Did you just say Lucius was dead?"

"Umm.. Hello, Harry." she said surprised to see him so worried.

"So, is HE?"

"Why so agressive? Yes, he's dead..." she admitted once more but this time to Harry.

"How?"

"He killed himself in Azkaban.." she said. Harry processed the information, and then jolted away from her. Daphne looked at Ron and Hermione with a strange regard. She could not understand what had just happened, but she had an idea.

"Did I hear right? Lucius is dead?" Ron said

"Yes, you heard right.." Hermione shuttered. She hated Lucius, but the thought of someone killing themselves sent shiver down her spine.

The halls were full of a bunch of students, new and old, but Harry just kept running past everyone. Even if there eyes were glued to him. All the old students starred at him as they felt a sense of déjà vu. It felt like the war again. The Great Harry Potter rushing down the halls.

"McGonagall?" Harry said as he saw her a couple meters in front of him. She looked into his direction wondering what he was going to say. "Has Draco come back today?"

"I do not know, Harry. I have not seen him. He is living a great loss right now, but Narcissa did owl me yesterday."

"What did she say?" he demanded, but Minerva was so taken aback by Harry's care for Draco all of a sudden. She tired to calm her curiosity as she thought of Narcissa's exact words.

"She doesn't want her son to feel unwelcomed and how she just wanted the best for him, that he was going through a very hard time and he didn't need other students harassing him. She stated that he would be at school sometime in the next week, but that she would even try for today... so that he could settle in more rapidly not once everyone already had and would look at him even more knowing the reason for his absence and all." Minerva stated as she tried to understand why Harry wanted to know so badly. Minerva had been also surprised by Narcissa's care for Draco. She had never seen the Malfoy's as being the loving type. That would make twice in two days that she was in shock.

That is when everybody in his surroundings stopped looking at Harry and looked at the door that had just been opened. Something more entertaining had just walked through those doors. Harry turned around, wondering why everybody started chatting secretly... And that's when he once again so the flash of blonde hair. It was Draco. Draco Malfoy.