Chapter 23. A Hidden Scheme

The week went by very quickly for everyone except Harry. Malfoy spent every waking moment with Astoria by his side. He would plant kisses on her beautiful lips and down her neck every chance he could. He was happy that everybody stopped with the continuous Harry rumors and felt a little bit freer. Even Pansy and Blaise began to believe that Draco was somewhat in love. They were astonished to see Draco in such a manner, for he had never shown much romantic emotion or almost any emotion of that matter ever. Even Draco himself felt happier than he would have first expected.

Ron and Hermione, on the other hand, had now both realized that Harry had lied to them all along. They now knew that it was far more than just the gloomy-eyed wizard's smell that Harry liked. Though regardless of their discovery, Harry refused to talk about Draco or even admit his fondness for the boy. Harry spent every day of the week avoiding places he knew he could have crossed the Slytherin and his new lover because even the thought of him with another made the pain rush back.

"Love!" Astoria shouted from across the hallway looking towards the dreamy boy.

Draco turned as a smile formed his lips. His eyes were their usual stormy gray but his face seemed softer and brighter. He slowly approached the girl "Hey you!" Draco said calmly.

"I was wondering if you wanted to head to the dungeons..." she said with a flirty regard. Draco looked at her and made a face insisting her to continue. "Well... there's a spell on the girl's dormitories forbidding boys to come in but most girls are allowed in the boy's dormitories..."

"Yes, that is true..." Draco said. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"Since it is class time nobody will be in your dorm and I was wondering if you wanted us to go... hang out in your room for a while?" she said in a giggly shy tone.

Draco grabbed Astoria's hand and began massaging his fingers against hers. "Yes!" Draco said with a cunning voice. "I would really enjoy that. But does just maybe someone have a hidden scheme planned in the back of their mind?" Draco said with a devious smile.

Astoria became bright red as she kissed the handsome boy on his cheekbones. The pair stood hands intertwined as they walked down the hallway towards the dungeons with desires fluttering in their minds...