Chapter 26. The Mirror of Erised

The rumors of Harry and Draco had completely died. The only speculation filling the atmosphere was that of Draco and Astoria's love life. They spent every day skipping their classes and locked away in the Slytherin Dorms... sharing their secret pleasures that somehow everyone knew.

Harry tried to numb the pain as he emerged himself in other things. As for Draco, tried to emerge himself in the naughty pleasures of sexual desires. Though, Harry could not help but hear everyone's comments about the one he loved with another. But Astoria was not the perfect little girl everyone thought she was. She found every excuse to yell at Draco and make him feel even more horrible. His being was already weakened by the rapid growth of his family's alliance with the Dark Lord and the pressure to be like them. The more he was submerged by the influence of his household the further he drifted from a normal student's reality. He became colder to an outsider but burned of sadness inside.

It was a cold evening when Draco could no longer take his stupid little fights with Astoria. He talked back and ran out of the room, leaving her behind. His glassy orbs filled with tears as his thoughts settled. A room appeared before him, a room that seemed almost familiar... "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." The room only appeared when witches or wizards needed it the most and it always contained the seeker's needs. But why did this room happen to arise for him?

Draco let the tears fall down the apples of his cheeks, he was done with being strong and he trudged on slowly into the hidden hollows of the somber room. His black shoes clacked on the floor and echoed all around him. Huge columns held the ceiling, resembling the trunks of Pine Trees. The whole room was bare, except for in a distance... could be seen a rare beam of light where you would imagine one's reflection to be seen but instead laid awaiting another outcome.

Draco moved slowly towards the ornate, ancient mirror and began to see the outline of words across it "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi." The words came from a dead foreign language and meant "I show not your face but your heart's desire." The unknowing boy stepped closer and closer to the mirror until the image of something unraveled before him...