Chapter 51. I Remember

Both boys stood their in silence. How could it be that two people loved each other so much? How was it possible to feel so attached to another human, to another wizard?

"You remember, Draco? You remember me, you remember us...?" the raven haired boy said with tearful eyes. He could not believe after all these months of seperation, after all these years in Hogwarts, after the world took absolutely everything from him: his mom, his dad, his headmaster, his favorite teacher, the man who loved his mother for always, his friends, Sirius... He could not believe that after all of that, it gave him, him. It gave him a man more true than any first snow fall, than any first breath, than any flicker of any wind on any summer night...

"Harry... Potter..." the blond said as the memories still came flooding back: Amortentia, Potions Class, hallways, Obliviate, Astoria, the Mirror of Erised, their first kiss... He cried at the remberance of what it felt like to have Harry's lips against his... Veritaserum, his father, pain, Harry's arms around him, his father again, crucio...the war, everything... Draco remembered everything and nothing, because all that mattered was the scarhead boy he had seen at Hogsmeade so many years ago, all that mattered was that moment, the moment they met and life had written in the stars the beginning of a story that they did not know would be...

All that mattered was that everything had gotten to this point in order to make them be, to make them see that no other could ever fulfill them.

"Malfoy..." the Gryffindor said as the pale boy smiled ever so slightly at the familiarity of that name between those boy's lips...

"I remember, I remember everything..." Draco said as tears streamed down his face uncontrollably...

That is when guards could be heard rattling in a distance.

"Mister Harry Potter, you are strictly prohibited to be down here!" they said as they took Harry's arms and pulled him away.

Their eyes held till the corridors became too far and too dark. There was still fear that the world was not that kind. There was still fear that everything and anything could seperate them, but there was still one thing to be proud of. Draco remembered. And that was the first step to a constellation of stars that was infinite...