Chapter V: A Son's Undying Love

Everything was still for a moment, not a sound could be heard. Only the shadow of a woman could be seen on the walls, as she pranced around in circles. Her beautiful green eyes could pierce a soul with a single stare, an enchanted forest with just the glimpse of an eye. Her eyes had the ability to make people forget about their pain and sadness. She had skin as soft as silk and as pale as snow. Red loose curls reached the middle of her spine and her hair was as soft as feathers. Something about her was magical even if it could not necessarily be described. Harry woke up rapidly as the shadow faded into the darkness. His emerald eyes began to tear as the image of the woman swooped back into his thoughts. The redheaded beauty in his dream was Lily, his mother. He felt a sudden sadness. Dreams like this brought him both tears and joy. He wished they could be his reality, but he knew they would never be.

Harry turned over and saw empty beds beside him. Once again everybody was already awake and gone. Harry buttoned up his shirt and quickly grabbed his books, leaving his tears to the pillowcase. On the other side of the dormitories, Hermione and Ron were sitting on one of the Common Room couches talking about their upcoming quiz in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Harry slowly walked by them and wished them a good morning. Hermione and Ron stood up and started laughing all the way to the Great Hall. Harry smiled, happy that his friends and he seemed back to normal.

Harry had gone the whole day yesterday without eating and was completely starved. Once arrived through the doors of the Great Hall, he quickly went to the Gryffindor table and found a place to sit down. He packed his plate with eggs, bacon, toast and drank two full cups of pumpkin juice. Hermione could not believe her eyes and said, "Harry I could have sworn you were Ron! I've never seen you eat so much!", even Ron giggled after hearing that.

Harry was about to take more food when he all of a sudden saw a flash of golden hair from the corner of his eyes. A slim lengthy boy approached the Slytherin table. Harry looked away in fear of seeing Malfoy's glare but did not turn away fast enough. Malfoy's cloudy grey eyes interlocked with his. The blonde's expression was blank, neither was he cold or gentle. He seemed as if he had no emotions at all. Harry did not know what to feel, he was confused and could not understand his own thoughts. When he looked back at the Slytherin this time, he saw a cold condescending expression on his face. All of Malfoy's friends were looking at Harry with harsh and glacial regards. Harry looked away and left the room with both Ron and Hermione by his side. He refused to let Malfoy affect him, even if the thought of his grey mysterious eyes were still on his mind.