Chapter 67. The Best Man

***1 month later***
Setting: Blaise's home
---

The month had passed rapidly. Everyone had grown to accept Draco and Harry even if they still jumped every time they saw the pair. Everybody except Draco's best friends: Pansy and Blaise. They had never come to terms with Draco's decision to be with Harry. This made Draco sad and hurt him very much. He was getting married in two days and he would have neither one of his best friends by his side.

---

It was a cold Thursday morning when Ron went to Blaise's house where Pansy also was. Ron walked up the door and pounded on it three times.
The door slowly opened.

"Hello... Weasley..." Blaise said surprised of the poor Gryffindor's appearance at his house. "Can I help you?"

"I need to talk to you and Pansy!" Ron stated

"Who is it is?" Pansy asked curiously not able to see the other side of the door frame from where she was located.

"Great you are both here!" Ron said as he entered.

"Ron?" Pansy said with shock.

"What exactly are you doing here?" Blaise asked demandingly as Pansy poured Ron a cup of tea and they sat around the table. Pansy and Blaise where much nicer to Ron than Draco used to be, but they still had never been the nicest either.

"You do realize your best friend is getting married Saturday, right?" Ron stated

"Our best friend? Are you talking about Draco?" Blaise hissed.

"Do not mean to tell me you aren't friends anymore because he is with Harry?" the redhead said meanly

"And you mean you are okay with Draco being with Harry, Weasley?" Blaise said

"I wasn't, and I still sure as bloody hell don't want to be Draco's best man. I thought you could be his best man. As for Draco and Harry, one day I woke up and realized if Draco makes Harry happy. That's all that matters to me, and he's changed. He isn't the boy he used to be! And I respect him for that even if I don't necessarily like him. He makes Harry happy. That's all that does and should matter." Ron said.

"You know what you are crazy for having come here!" Blaise said as Pansy just nodded behind.

"No, Draco was crazy for ever considering you guys best friends, because whatever you guys are it isn't that. That I can definitely say!" Ron said as he stormed out. He was not going to let this come out that he went to go see them. Even if he still didn't love Draco, he knew Draco was doing everything he could to become his friend and make up for the past. Ron didn't want to shed bad news to him only two days before his wedding... So, Ron left the house and went back to Hogwarts for the rest of the day at school...