Part 3!

"A GHOUL?!" You say as you place your cup surprisingly gently onto the table. You smack your lips together in small frustration at (F/N) being correct for once and the fact that your precious, weedy, little brother has been keeping a giant secret from you for so long.

Kaneki stands silently, staring at the ground. "Y-yes," he mumbles through tightly stitched lips. He doesn't advert his eyes from the floor, remaining fixated on the occurring pattern of squares.

"See?! I-" (F/N) shouts until you slam your sweaty palm over their mouth.

"Shut-up, (F/N)," you growl through clenched teeth as you draw your hand away and back down to your side. You stand upright, looking down at the floor as if you were disappointed in your brother. You're usually laid back - today's an a

"I just thought," Kaneki mumbles, struggling to find the right words, "it would be easier to tell you after-"

"After my mind's settled? After I fit back into society?" You snap, "After I stop worrying about my brother, whom of which I care so much about? After I try to rehabilitate myself so I stop stalking you?"

"You were stalking me?" Kaneki whispers under his breath.

"Shut-up!" You cry out in frustration and realise you've been digging your fingernails deep into your palm. You attempt to steady your breath but it comes out as wavy as ever, "I've been trying to protect you, Kaneki, but if you continue hiding things from me then how will I know you are in danger?!"

"Ooh snap..." (F/N) whistles at the drama they are witnessing. As soon as the words leave their mouth, they instantly regret it.

"You're still here?" You snap, not intentionally trying to be rude but you can't hold back the venom in your voice. It's as if a viper wriggled inside of you, climbed up to your heart, tugged it multiple times until it was on the verge of breaking and then settled in your throat - every time you speak the viper speaks for you and tugs on your heart a bit harder.

"(Y/N)-" Kaneki begins.

"Shut-up Kaneki, just," you take a deep breath and close your eyes for a minute. Of course, you could tell him to meet up with you later after you've chilled a bit, or maybe even asked him to walk and talk in town so you both weren't cooped up inside a café. Of course, you only realise these things after the viper has picked his next words and is already forcing them through your mouth, "leave me alone."

You put ¥490 on the table to cover the cost of your tea. You then walk out of the cafe, ignoring (F/N) and Kaneki's silent cries for you to return