Part 4!

You sit at the small table in your apartment drinking tea, completely disregarding the fact that your kitchen is full of coffee. Anyway, you prefer tea to the bitterness of coffee.

The door slowly opens and Kaneki shuffles inside, looking guilty for some unknown reason. You look at him and then back to your cup of tea, watching the mesmerising ripples touch the edge.

Why am I annoyed with him?  Why aren't I concerned that my brother's a ghoul?  You hiss to yourself.

Kaneki opens his mouth to speak but closes it since no words are willing to come out. He walks shamefully to the chair opposite you and sits down, still not daring to make eye contact with you.

"(Y/N), I'm not sure why-"

"Why I'm angry at you?" You bolt upright in my chair and finish his question, "Me neither." You sigh and recline back down, knowing that this situation doesn't make any sense to either of you.

"Is it because I bought so much coffee?" Kaneki says, standing up and walking over to the kitchen, picking up one of the glass pots full to the brim with coffee.

"No," You say, still puzzled as to why you are so irritated with him.

"Is it about your homemade bread?" Kaneki asks.

"No, I couldn't give a damn about the bread," His voice is starting to get annoying now.

"Is it because I had interrupted your conversation with (F/N)?"

Shut-up.

"Are you annoyed with (F/N)?"

Why won't you shut up, Kaneki?

"Is it because-"

"Shut-up!" You shout, "Just stop. It's because... It's because..." You take a deep breath, "It's because you hid it from me."

"(Y/N), I had to keep it a secret!"

"Sit down," You say, gesturing to the seat opposite you where Kaneki sat earlier, "I want you to explain everything."

"Okay," Kaneki says, sitting down and looking deeply  in my eyes, "but remember, you've got to keep this a secret."