Part 10!

"What the-" You shout before stopping in terror as you look at your younger brother.

He is hunched over on the floor, his hands covering his eyes, turning away from you. You can see his body moving up and down, as if he is crying or terribly in shock. His breathing is sharp and ragged and you watch as his body tenses and relaxes at uneven intervals.

"Kaneki," you mutter as you cautiously walk over to him and crouch down next to him, taking hold of his hand and bringing it away from his face. His hand feels cold like he had washed them using freezing cold water.

He turns his face away from you but you grab it and forces him to look at you. You gasp, stand up and stumble backwards, away from him. You reach backwards for the door handle to get Hide and yourself out of the house but you stop in realisation of what you would be doing. No, he's your brother!

He looks at you, one red eye, making it look like his skin was cracked. He looked pained, scared of himself. You can practically hear his heart pulsate with as much fear as you have.

"Help..." Kaneki struggles to say but his voice cuts out halfway through.

You panic and grab your phone out of your pocket. You hammer in the number for the emergency services.

A bored lady on the other side picks up, "Hello. What's your emergency?"

"Please, help," You shout into the phone, quiet enough that Hide wouldn't hear, "My brother, he-"

You get silenced by Kaneki putting his finger up. He mouths, "Secret."

"My brother," You stop yourself, taking a deep breath, "I'm sorry for wasting your time." You hang up. You could tell the lady on the phone wasn't going to believe you anyway.

"I'll be back in a second," You say rushing into your bedroom before Hide could ask you anything. You take your phone out again and phone up someone that you knew would be able to help. You know she would listen and Kaneki wouldn't protest.

"Fenina, I need your help. It's my brother..."

Hello, everyone! It's your fellow author, Yu-ki, here!
I'll be the first to admit, the beginning of this story seems incredibly slow. The chapters are short, there's no action, the vocabulary is very basic, the story line is boring... I really could list the faults. I'd like to ensure you, firsthand, the book takes off from after this chapter, so, if I can persuade you to continue reading, I think you'll really enjoy the book.
Anyway, I will see you later!
- Yu-ki