Part 88!

It's a few days after Tsukyama's unwanted visit. Your leg was healed enough to walk. The nurse who visited you for a check up had said it was a miracle. The bruise on your right arm was disappearing at a good rate too. It still hurt to put all your weight on it but it was strong enough to hold things like a cup of tea or a sausepan. It was great because you had to have take-out for the past days because Kaneki was in complete denial of cooking for you.

You're walking around the house as you get used to moving with a limp. Kaneki had gone out for the day. He kept saying that you didn't need to know where he was going to who he was going out with. You felt too awful to force him to tell you all the details so you just let it slide.

The food in the cupboard is calling you. You listen to its call and wobble over to the kitchen. Which exact food that is calling you is unidentifiable so you open each cupboard in turn and scan them thoroughly. There's not a wide range of food since you hadn't gone shopping for a while and most of the stuff had gone off whilst you were immobile. There's nothing you really want in the cupboards so you check the fridge.

Similar to the cupboards the fridge is lacking anything tasty. There's a selection of cheeses but none look particularly satisfying. There's an empty ketchup bottle - you don't know why you have a ketchup bottle in the fridge. There's a small bottle of fresh milk that hasn't expired yet but should've been used after 3 days. There's some salted butter which is still in date but seems to have been scooped out using a spoon which puts you off it. There a bottle of wine but you mentally note to save it for later. There's a pot of mango chutney from the left overs of when you ordered some curry. The final thing you saw was a lonely apple. It didn't have any mould on it so you deemed it fine to eat. You grabbed it, washed it off and then sat down to eat your apple.

As you were finishing off the apple, you noticed a note on the table in front of you. You carefully picked up the note and read the beautiful handwriting that put yours to shame.