Part 74!

It's the morning after the whole 'Touka incident' and you and Kaneki are having a quiet day. You've turned off all your electricals and cut communication with anyone. Kaneki, of course, objected to this idea in a heart beat so you had to negotiate. You agreed on Kaneki having his phone on and being able to speak to everyone he knows - which is not a bad deal.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Kaneki calls from his room, "What are you cooking tonight?"

"You don't eat my cooking," you call back as you sit upright in a chair, "Why do you need to know?"

"Hide's coming over."

You stay silent for a few seconds. You still haven't told Kaneki about Hide's affectionate interaction. Until now, Hide had been out of your mind most of the time. You didn't want to recall that strange moment but Kaneki's comment has forced you to do so.

"What does he like?" You mumble. Millions of food ideas rush through your head as you brainstorm anything you could cook quickly. Unfortunately, nothing comes to mind.

"I'm sure he'll eat anything," Kaneki calls back, "I'll run to the shop of you want anything?"

Although it's a good offer, you have to decline it. You had an idea which would potentially be free and you wouldn't have to step foot outside the house.

You have a pot noodle in the cupboard which you could split in thirds. Of course, the portions would be dramatically smaller but it would mean it could all be cooked quicker.

"Well, I'd better get cooking," you tell him.