Part 9!

You run inside and slam the door shut behind you. You breath heavily as you attempt to forget what you just saw but the image stains your eyes like a spilt coffee on a newly bought table cloth. Kaneki looks at you bewildered as he has never seen you so distressed in his life.

"Are you alright?" He asks. What an entirely self-explanatory question. He stands up and walks to you, a cup of tea in his hands. He passes the cup to you, "I thought you would prefer a cup of tea."

You take the cup off him and nod subtly although you've barely got enough breath to speakg, let along drink. "Hide's coming over later."

"What?!" Kaneki says with a surprised look.

I take a sip, "I saw him while I was getting the shopping," you say, advoiding mentioning the small encounter with a supposed ghoul, "apparently you haven't been picking up his calls."

"Seriously?" Kaneki growls, "I just found out I'm a ghoul after being in hospital.  I don't really want to speak to anyone." He mutters some more things under his breath which you can't hear but you're more than certain it's something angsty.

"But I thought you would speak to someone, expecially Hide since you have been best friends since... forever!"

"Yeah, but..." Kaneki seems unable to reason with you. It was stupid to turn down all the calls from Hide. But after you've been in hospital, your brain numbs - at least that's what you've heard from various news reports but, these days, reporters only report on fake news.

There's a loud knock at the door which throws your train of thought off the track. You turn around to open it but Kaneki grabs your hand before you could turn the handle.

"Don't tell Hide," he says sternly. You look at his pleading eyes and nod. What you're nodding for escapes you but you expect it's about not mentioning your brother is a ghoul to his best friend who he's been ignoring since he got out of hospital. Yeah, it's kind of hard to remember when you say it out loud.

You turn back to the door and open it. Behind the door is a grinning Hide. "Hello, (Y/N)!" Hide says, "Is Kaneki here?"

"Yeah, he's just getting changed," I say, kicking Kaneki as a signal to get into some different attire instead of the clothes he's been wearing since he got out of hospital. He runs into his bedroom to get changed. "Come inside," you stand back.

Hide walks in and takes a seat. I sit down opposite him. "So, Where is Kaneki?" Hide asks.

"He'll be here in a minute," You say, wondering how long Kaneki will be.

You hear a crash from Kaneki's bedroom. You stand up quickly and run to his bedroom, bursting the door open, but only allowing me to go through. Hide cannot see this.