Part 76!

You and Hide make some awkward eye-contact while at the table. The pot noodle was too hot to eat so you all looked at each other in silence. Every now and again you would test the noodles to see if they were edible or not.

When they have cooled down, you announce it to everyone with glee. The plan boots into action so Kaneki wouldn't seem rude. Unfortunately, the plan sort of backfired. Kaneki's arm grows hot as he piles the noodles in the bag in the sleeve of his shirt. Kaneki winces everytime he takes a spoonful to stuff into the bag.

Hide takes a big gulp, "told Kaneki yet?" He says to you.

You immediately know what he's on about; the kiss. You knew Kaneki's interest would peak now. There was no use hiding it anymore. "No," you spit out quickly, "I'll tell him later."

Hide nods. Kaneki looks over at you, noting your red face and decides not to say anything. You're thankful for it but you can't say it now, not while you have company.

The room goes silent again. No one speaks. The only noise you hear is the small clashing of spoons on the bowl and gulps. Luckily, the rustling of Kaneki's bag is masked over the sound of the sleeve rubbing against the other fabric.

You know this isn't a good time to bring anything up but you have to tell them both something that's been on your mind for a while...